TechSpot

Trojan/Spyware/Rootkit? 8 steps followed, 3 logs attached

By vvn05
May 25, 2009
  1. Hello,

Upon visiting a new website, my computer was instantly infected with the trojan virus and something called "rootkit", among other viruses/spywares.

Noticeable Symptoms:
    - pop-up ads
    - homepage change
    - computer lags
    - computer restarting in the middle of working (window's error msg was about windows having detected something wrong and had to shut down to prevent serious damages)

Prior to following the 8 recommended steps, I had attempted removing the virus myself, but to no avail. However, I did manage to stop the pop-ups and homepage change. My computer still lags and restarts on its own.

My 3 logs are attached here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Vivian

2. vvn05

vvn05 TS Rookie Topic Starter

trojan still present after 8 steps

Hi,

After the 8 steps, I thought the trojans were cleared, but I Avira just detected another "TR/Trash.Gen [trojan]" in c:/. The first attack I had was from TROJAN VUNDO.

I'd truly and greatly appreciate it if someone could please take a quick look at my posted logs and see if something was left uncleaned. :(

At the time my computer was infected, my system restore point was erased by the virus, so any restoration was not possible. I had tried many times to kill the trojan, but it just keeps lingering around and wouldn't die

I'm trembling now 'cause I had just done some online banking and visa purchases with my computer :dead: ahhh...

thanks to anyone who's willing to help me.

viv

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Sorry for the delay- and there will be more. A HijackThis log alone is not enough to find and clean malware.
    Please run the 8 steps here and attach all three logs in your next reply:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

You also are running 2 antivirus programs> Symantec and Avira. Decide which you want and uninstall the other. If you choose to remove Norton, use this Removal Tool:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

You should also disable this: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv)
    Start> Run> services.msc> right click on the service> Properties> change Startup type to Disabled> Stop the Service.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.