Used Computer

Gerry K

Dell Deminsion 4600, P4, 2GHz,DDR w 19" Gateway FPD 1960 monitor,80-GB HD, XP-Pro, 256MB Geforce FX-5500 8xAGP video card, Cr-RW Drive, DVdcd/rw drive. $200.00

Should I buy? I am an average daily computer user, no intense gaming. Just general use. It has XP-Pro with the option of installing a copy of Vista. THIS COMPUTER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE, so there is no point in continuing this thread. Thank you to all. 4-3-2007

Has a few weak spots, such as:
Vista installed, very sub par for that OS.
8g HDD.
Price is good (IMHO) & the weak parts are easily upgraded.
Will this come with Vista Certificate of Authenticity (COA) lic. key?
if not insist on xp pro w/ Certificate of Authenticity (COA) lic. key,
then I'd call it a good deal.

G'Luck!

SOcRatEs said:
Vista installed, very sub par for that OS.

What :confused: ?

Anyway, the hard drive is very, very small, even for a normal user. Otherwise, it seems okay.

BTW, it's impossible to have Vista on an 8gb hard drive :( .

Gerry K said:
Dell Deminsion 4600, P4, 2GHz,DDR w 19" Gateway FPD 1960 monitor,8-GB DHD, Win:Vista, 256MB Geforce FX-5500 8xAGP video card, Cr-RW Drive, DVdcd/rw drive. $200.00
Did I misunderstand "Win:Vista"?

I think he meant 8GB DVD instead of DHD. That doesn't make much sense either, but I think it is more likely than an 8GB HD.

SNGX1275 said:
I think he meant 8GB DVD instead of DHD. That doesn't make much sense either, but I think it is more likely than an 8GB HD.
Hello SNGX1275..
That does make more sense...

i think he hit the '-' key instead of the '0' so i think its a 80GB hd

a bit on the small side.

For a day to day system $200 is a good price.

Needs some major upgrades. CPU is slow, small amount of memory, bad videocard, and worst of all it has Vista.

MetalX said:
Needs some major upgrades. CPU is slow, small amount of memory, bad videocard, and worst of all it has Vista.

But what is the intended use? Home PCs dont need a good video card, or CPU, and with the 19" monitor I would say it is a good deal.

But I am totally with you with the Vista thing.

Back