When I click reply to thread I get "undefined"

By LookinAround
May 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. As I recall I noticed this happening awhile back then it stopped and seems to be occurring again. When I click Reply to Thread a blank reply window appears with the word "undefined" in it (without the quotes)

I'm using FF 12.0 and use the java script blocker add-on but have also tried "Temporarily allowing all on page" but the word "undefined" still appears in the reply window

/* edit */
    Ooops. Correction. I meant to say when I click "Reply to Thread"
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

Can you try a clean browser (or alternatively Firefox in safe mode = no add-ons) and see if the issue remains?

Also, does this happen across the forum, no matter which forum or thread you try to reply to?
  3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 8,358   +167

I just tried. It also occurs in FF safe mode (I see all add-ons are now listed in FF as Disabled). I also tried Device Drivers, A/V and Alternative OS forums and it happens in all of them. It doesn't happen when I click Create New Thread.

I noticed this several weeks back then it stopped. I think I just noticed it started again perhaps yesterday or today.
  4. Julio Franco

Can you try with IE or Chrome?

Regardless of the error message I imagine this doesn't prevent you from actually replying using the reply box at the bottom of each thread right?
  5. Julio Franco

LookinAround, disregard the above, no more troubleshooting needed. I was able to replicate the issue now. It's only happening on Firefox as far as I can tell. Thanks for your feedback, we'll be looking into it shortly.
  6. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Works fine for me.. (Pale Moon 12.0 x64 on Windows 7 x64, Firefox 12.0 x32 on Backbox Linux x64, Flash, Silverlight, Java updated to the latest (as usual ;)))
  7. LookinAround

Fyi... this (minor) issue is back again
  8. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,091   +223

You're using FF 12.0? Are you aware you are a few updates behind? Its now 16.0.2
  9. LookinAround

Undefined
    Thanks for noting. I should have clarified. My first post in the thread was May 14 running FF 12.0. I am currently running 16.02.
  10. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,091   +223

My apologies. I never looked at the date of the first post. I wish you well.(y)
  11. Julio Franco

And it was gone before?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.