You'll be able to stream and play Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce Now on launch day, ray...

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Any gaming platform is only as good as its content. As cloud gaming surges, companies are battling each other to be the go-to service, trying to one-up each other in their offerings. While we already know that Stadia will be getting Cyberpunk 2077 at some unannounced time, Nvidia has strengthened its partnership with CDPR to promise its GeForce Now members the title on the day it launches.

Nvidia has announced that CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077 will be landing in the GeForce Now library the same day of its release. Nvidia’s cloud gaming platform is currently compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and Shield TV. The company also notes that users will be able to take advantage of GeForce Now’s RTX On ray-tracing technology no matter what hardware configuration they have.

Nvidia needed some good news after revealing Activision Blizzard games were being removed from its library over a “misunderstanding.” Having one of the most highly-anticipated games of 2020 in its stable is a big leg up for the platform, especially considering it will be getting it on day one. Last year, CDPR announced Cyberpunk 2077 would be hitting Google’s Stadia service, but did not indicate whether it would be available on the same day it hits consoles and PC.

Bringing Cyberpunk 2077 to GeForce Now is not the only thing the two companies have been collaborating on either. On Sunday, Nvidia unveiled a limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 RTX 2080 Ti. The company is giving away 77 of the GPUs as part of a cross-promotion with CDPR on social media.

While cloud gaming has yet to prove itself, there are still plenty of early adopters who will be pleased to hear that Cyberpunk 2077 will be arriving on GeForce Now on September 17.

Permalink to story.

I very much doubt it given it will likely launch after next gen cards are out. Might be something to try and justify the $1,200+ price tag of the 3080 Ti though. I'll buy your 2080 Ti 2nd hand for $450 though if you are selling it at the time.

I will get no less than $800 for a 2080Ti on Ebay

Looking forward to building new rig with Ryzen 4000 + 3080 Ti for Cyberpunk 2077
Also while clearing out my old apartment
202074d8ccff-fef0-48fb-bc9f-cc2570724f41.jpg

That's ok, I'll pick up a 2080 Ti on 3080 Ti launch day off HardwareSwap for $450. Avoid the eBay fees and other BS altogether. $800 for a card that is 27% faster then my 1080 Ti, which I bought 3 years ago is no bueno.

He will need to find a retard to sell it for $800 after next gen drops

Be sure to post your receipt.

that will NEVER happen.

2080Ti will never be any less than $700 on 3080Ti launch.

And yet they are already going for $850 on HWS right now lol. Totally not going to drop in price when next gen hits /s.

Unless you think Nvidia's next gen is going to be a dud, if we assume a 60% performance increase that puts the 2080 Ti in xx60 territory, which sits at $400 (baring another price increase). Even if you assume that Nvidia increases performance by 40% with the 3080 Ti, that still puts it at 2070 level ($500) and guess what? Used cards sell for less then new ones.

The only way you can justify charging $800 for a used 2080 Ti when the 3080 Ti drops is if Nvidia's 3000 series is either A) bad B) increases prices even more.

Not to mention, the consoles are rumored to be at 2070 Super level performance, not counting console optimization. I'd hope that Nvdia can offer a better card for $500 when for the same price you can buy an entire console with likely better performance..

Last edited:
My gtx 1080 will barely scrape me by for Doom and RE3, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd gen rtx cards and will upgrade as soon as they're out. Won't even try to play 2077 until I upgrade.

My gtx 1080 will barely scrape me by for Doom and RE3, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd gen rtx cards and will upgrade as soon as they're out. Won't even try to play 2077 until I upgrade.

RTX 3070 & 3080 fit the bill nicely for you then and they are going to be released soon. Nvidia just kinda hates letting go of the performance crown even for a short time, so 3070/3080 will be combating the imminent big Navi. I expect 3080 Ti will be release around CP2077 time frame.

Stick to the news topic, please folks. Create a thread in Graphics Cards to discuss second hand card prices and upgrades (y) (Y)

The article mentions RTX running on Geforce Now, hopefully CP 2077 will feature RTX upon release and not via a later patch, fingers crossed.

And yet they are already going for $850 on HWS right now lol. Totally not going to drop in price when next gen hits /s.

Unless you think Nvidia's next gen is going to be a dud, if we assume a 60% performance increase that puts the 2080 Ti in xx60 territory, which sits at $400 (baring another price increase). Even if you assume that Nvidia increases performance by 40% with the 3080 Ti, that still puts it at 2070 level ($500) and guess what? Used cards sell for less then new ones.

The only way you can justify charging $800 for a used 2080 Ti when the 3080 Ti drops is if Nvidia's 3000 series is either A) bad B) increases prices even more.

Not to mention, the consoles are rumored to be at 2070 Super level performance, not counting console optimization. I'd hope that Nvdia can offer a better card for $500 when for the same price you can buy an entire console with likely better performance..

when 3000 series launches itI’ll be priced above the 2000 series.

One of two things will happen:

potential buyers will hold out for 3000 GPUs or buy 2000 models at reduced price.

I myself will buy two 3080Ti immediately and sell both 2080Tis. I won’t get 100% for them, but I am not worried about getting 60% or 70% back.
Writing of the 3080Tis as business expenses.

He will need to find a retard to sell it for $800 after next gen drops

1st, I don't like the word retard.

Next, if I may point out, I will be playing this game on my $200 chromebook but super fast fibre optic internet connection through Geforce Now. As such, all of you can go to hell with your GPU pissing contests.

Back