TechSpot

ZoneAlarm Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close

By Rizz
Apr 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "ZoneAlarm Pro-1043-English has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Thats the message that im constantly receiving every time i try to run the latest setup i recently downloaded for zonealarm.

I've tried disabling zonealarm at startup and then running the setup but i still keep getting the same message.

I currently have

AVG antispyware+rootkit,
    Spyboy search and destroy ver. 1.5..2.0
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 5.1.001.000
    Ad-aware PRO(with Adwatch 2007)
    Windows XP

Can anyone offer my any help please?

Thanks in advance

2. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

Uninstall the Zone Alarm and download/install Comodo. I've had it installed for over 2n years and never had a problem. Here's the link http://www.comodo.com/

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You likely have too many security programs installed for Zone Alarm to tolerate. It doesn't like competition. I agree with Sghiznaneck, but I also use Zone Alarm on some machines without any trouble at all. Since They are easily reinstalled, I would uninstall the other Antispyware programs, and re-try Zone Alarm... Or also remove and reinstall ZoneAlarm first before adding the others.

4. Rizz

Rizz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Thanks for the advice

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.