Inkscape is an Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw, or Xara X using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. Supported SVG features include shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, patterns, and grouping. Inkscape also supports Creative Commons meta-data, node editing, layers, complex path operations, bitmap tracing, text-on-path, flowed text, direct XML editing, and more. It imports formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and others and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats.
Inkscape's main goal is to create a powerful and convenient drawing tool fully compliant with XML, SVG, and CSS standards. We also aim to maintain a thriving user and developer community by using open, community-oriented development process, and by making sure Inkcape is easy to learn, to use, and to extend.
- Cairo rendering for display and PNG export
- OpenMP multithreading for all filters
- C++ code conversion
- Major improvements in the Text tool
- Measure tool
- Type design features
- Symbol library and support for Visio stencils
- Cross platform WMF and EMF import and export
- Improved support for Corel DRAW documents, Visio importer
- Support for real world document and page size units, e.g. millimeters
- Numerous usability improvements
- Native Windows 64-bit build
Note: macOS version requires XQuartz.
Apps similar to Inkscape 4
Speedy Painter is an OpenGL based painting software for Windows. It supports Wacom digitizers to vary size and opacity of brush strokes according to pen pressure.
Do anything with graphics, photos, and more.
Create without boundaries using Adobe Illustrator.