Security Notice: We've detected that AC3 Filter's installer might attempt to bundle third-party software. We suggest to proceed with caution and select the "Custom" installation option to identify any potential unwanted software.
Audio & Video
AC3 Filter can decode following audio formats: AC3 / DTS / MPEG Audio. It also supports multi*channel and digital (SPDIF) outputs.
- Decode AC3/DTS/MPEG Audio Layer I/II formats
- MPEG1/2 PES demultiplex (for DVD support)
- PES/LPCM format support
- AVI/AC3, AVI/DTS, WAV/AC3 and WAV/DTS support
- AC3/DTS/MPEG Audio SPDIF passthrough support
- AC3 encode to output any multichannel source to SPDIF
- Detailed input bitstream format information
- Automatic Gain Control
- Dynamic Range Compression
- Online output configuraion change
- Upmix from any stereo source to 3*6 channels
- Downmix to DolbySurround/ProLogic/ProLogic2
- Input/output levels indication
- Per*channel gain for all input/output channels
- Per*channel delays
- Direct access to mixing matrix
- Audio Codec Tag 2000 may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing.
- Audio Codec Tag 8192 may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing.
- It also solves AC3 DVM codec missing, reported by AVIcodec utility.
- FFMPEG updated to v1.1.4
- Use FFMPEG for AAC decoding (should be less crashes because faad bugs).
- SPDIF/AC3 encoder: encode 5.1 with back channels (used by flac for instance) like 5.1 with side channels (standard for ac3).
- Serbian language added (thanks to Rancher).
- Languages updated: Basque (thanks to Xabier Aramendi), Chineese (thanks to PoYang).
- Bug fixed: some languages was reset to english after restart.
- Installer: /noicons option works now