AC3 Filter can decode following audio formats: AC3 / DTS / MPEG Audio. It also supports multi*channel and digital (SPDIF) outputs.
- Decode AC3/DTS/MPEG Audio Layer I/II formats
- MPEG1/2 PES demultiplex (for DVD support)
- PES/LPCM format support
- AVI/AC3, AVI/DTS, WAV/AC3 and WAV/DTS support
- AC3/DTS/MPEG Audio SPDIF passthrough support
- AC3 encode to output any multichannel source to SPDIF
- Detailed input bitstream format information
- Automatic Gain Control
- Dynamic Range Compression
- Online output configuraion change
- Upmix from any stereo source to 3*6 channels
- Downmix to DolbySurround/ProLogic/ProLogic2
- Input/output levels indication
- Per*channel gain for all input/output channels
- Per*channel delays
- Direct access to mixing matrix
- Audio Codec Tag 2000 may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing.
- Audio Codec Tag 8192 may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing.
- It also solves AC3 DVM codec missing, reported by AVIcodec utility.
- 8 channels support
- PCM Double output support
- DTS-MA (core only), AAC, EAC3, FLAC, MP3 decoding support
- Completely new bass redirection:
- better filtering (4th order Linkwitz-Riley)
- option to redirect bass to front speakers
- Single icon per application
- Online help
- Crash report
- Set filter language from the installer
- Translations: Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Bulgarian, Ukrainian
Software that can be used as an alternative to AC3 Filter: