It is a very lightweight application that doesn't use much system resources or take much space on your desktop.
- Small and lightweight
- Different type events can have different appearence
- Supports Windows transparency
- Synchronizes events between several clients
- Localized for multiple languages
- Shows an alarm when an event is due
- Supports iCal files.
- Shows Outlook's appointments
- Includes a todo-list
- Works also as Litestep plugin
- Displays the current date in tray icon
- Can stick to the desktop (i.e. doesn't hide with Show Desktop)
- Hotkeys for quick access
- Easy skinning with an UI
Version 2 adds Outlook and network calendar support.
- Fixed a crash bug if another instance of Rainlendar was started.
- "Number of past days the list shows" was not working.
- Reversing the sorting from the event list's context menu could not be done.
- The font effects did not work for custom categories.
- The tool buttons in the manager adjust to the text width.
- It was not possible to remove calendar selection on Mac if "Allow multiple calendars" was enabled.
- Exporting the events in the manager only worked if the list had selection. Now all events are exported if there is no selection.
- The autocompletion works again in the category combobox.
- The traytip does not gain focus anymore when it is shown.
- Double click on the week or day view always created an all day event.
- The reminders were not read correctly from iCloud with CalDAV.
- The status image was not shown in the tray icon on Windows and Mac.
- Executing lua from command line failed on Linux and Mac.
- Creating a exception to a event in week view by dragging deleted the original event from Google calendar.
- Writing events with no duration to iCloud failed.
- Completing an alarm for non-recurring task in the alarm window did not dismiss it.
- Removed hard dependency to the gnome-keyring library on Linux.
- Backup opened incorrect file dialog in Linux.
- The value for "Poll for changes"-setting in Toodledo was not read correctly.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Rainlendar Lite: