AppSnap is an application that simplifies installation of software.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
It automatically figures out the latest version, downloads the installer and then installs the software in one seamless step. AppSnap is primarily designed for Windows which does not have any decent package manager such as APT and RPM as in the Linux world.
- Internet : TightVNC
- Fun and Games : BZFlag, Celestia, Stellarium, TuxPaint, TuxPaint Stamps
- Development : MySQL
- Productivity : Blender3D, DeepBurner Free, Dia, Gimp
- Utilities : Ant Renamer, KeePass
- Libraries : GTK+
- Entertainment : Juice Receiver
- Added support for zipped installers. AppSnap now extracts the ZIP and then
executes the installer.
- All background actions are now performed in a separate thread to prevent the
AppSnap GUI from locking up.
- SourceForge just rolled out new changes which broke all applications hosted
with them. All impacted application scrape and download URLs updated.
- Fixed bug where AppSnap GUI was crashing in Windows 2000 since the install
icon was not available in shell32.dll. Issue was not seen on XP and 2003 which
had added a whole bunch of new icons.
- Fixed a bug where URLs with ?, & or = were returning 404 errors by PyCURL.
- Fixed bug of failed downloads being returned as successful in the GUI.
- Fixed Paint.NET and Picasa version scraping.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.