What makes Core Temp unique is the way it works. It is capable of displaying a temperature of each individual core of every processor in your system. You can see temperature fluctuations in real time with varying workloads. Core Temp is also motherboard agnostic. Core Temp makes it easy for you to monitor the temperature of any modern x86 based processor. The program supports processors from all three major manufacturers; Intel, AMD and VIA.
Intel processors starting with the "Core" series all the way up to the newest Core i7, including all the derivatives. AMD processors starting with the first Athlon64 and Opteron processor series, all Phenom and AMD's new APU are supported. VIA processors starting with the C7 generation of CPUs, including all the derivatives based on the C7 architecture. All of the Nano based processors are supported as well.
The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected directly from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core*, near the hottest part. This sensor is digital, which means it doesn't rely on an external circuit located on the motherboard to report temperature, its value is stored in a special register in the processor so that software can access and read it. This eliminates any inaccuracies that can be introduced by external motherboard circuits and sensors.
- Fix: Add correct temperature offsets for AMD Ryzen Threadripper X1920 and X1950.
- Fix: In multi-socket AMD systems, switching into MiniMode would bring up all hidden windows of all running applications and services.
- Fix: Support for MCM AMD CPUs. Only the highest temperature per CPU is displayed.
- Fix: Socket C32 and G34 Opteron code names.
- Fix: On some AMD Opteron systems the CPU model number is not displayed.
- Fix: Detection of the C32 and G34 socket types for some Opteron CPUs.
- Fix: Corrected TjMax on some older desktop Atom chips.
Some systems running Windows 10 Anniversary may still have driver load failure.
Apps similar to Core Temp 6
All around tool, benchmarking, system diagnostic and analyser.
General Windows utility for dumping lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info
Professional hardware information and diagnostic tools supporting latest components, industry technologies and standards.