Fontographer 5.2.2 for Mac OS X
Fontographer is a font editor for desktop publishing
Fontographer helps you expand existing fonts to include fractions, symbols, foreign characters, and logos in Type 1, Type 3, and TrueType fonts, or create an entire typeface from scratch.
Fonts created with Fontographer can be used in any program with a font menu on Windows and Macintosh platforms. Fontographer is now integrated into the FontLab line of digital typography tools.
- Ease of Use
- Fontographer has all the tools to make type manipulation easy for both beginners and professionals. It's easy to add fractions, special symbols, foreign characters, even logos to all your favorite fonts. Print key maps of all your fonts and keep customizations at your fingertips.
- Real-time rendering
- Fontographer's fast rendering lets you design, edit, and manipulate fonts in a variety of editing windows. View your work in the Metrics window to see how your characters will look when printed.
- Typographical precision
- Fontographer lets you specify, view, and print characters. Includes snap-to-guides and snap-to-points. Print samples of characters, keyboard layouts, and kerning pairs for future reference.
- An integral part of your software library
- Fontographer generates PostScript-language Type 1 fonts, Type 3, TrueType, and Multiple Master fonts. Fontographer generates fonts for use on both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. You can also export EPS and PICT files for use in your favorite drawing programs.
- open recent files is added to File menu
- fixed crash of "set metrics" dialog
- more accurate import of afm and keq (kerning assistance files)
- now allows to open .dfont fonts
- in save dialogs file extension will now better match selected format
- Keyserver support is improved
- will now remember destination folder for font generation
- a lot of minor fixes
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: