PCSX Reloaded 1.9.91 for Mac OS X
PCSX is a Sony Playstation (PSX) emulator which will allow you to play many PSOne game titles on a Macintosh Computer System.
It also includes several standard plugins, which means it will work right away. It has been ported from the similarly named Linux/Windows version.
- Excellent compatibility (check the list)
- Simple Native Mac OS X Interface
- Dynamic Recompiling CPU core
- Software Rendered Graphics using P.E.Op.S GPU plugin
- Full Sound support using P.E.Op.S SPU plugin
- HID Controller Input support for up to 2 players
- Support for Memory Card saves and usage of CVGS savegames
- Freeze / defrost support
- Partial support for operation without a PSX BIOS image
- Native CD-ROM support
- Open-Source, licensed under the GPL license
- Emulating a PSX is processor intensive and will need a 800MHz CPU or better for many games. However it's not unlikely that some games will play very nicely on slower hardware. You mileage may vary.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.