MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. MAME's purpose is to preserve decades of software history. As electronic technology continues to rush forward, MAME prevents this important "vintage" software from being lost and forgotten. This is achieved by documenting the hardware and how it functions. The source code to MAME serves as this documentation. The fact that the software is usable serves primarily to validate the accuracy of the documentation (how else can you prove that you have recreated the hardware faithfully?).
Over time, MAME (originally stood for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) absorbed the sister-project MESS (Multi Emulator Super System), so MAME now documents a wide variety of (mostly vintage) computers, video game consoles and calculators, in addition to the arcade video games that were its initial focus.
- 05081: [Graphics] (atari/bartop52.cpp) barbball: Screen flashes during speech playback. (Angelo Salese)
- 05698: [Gameplay] (atari/atari400.cpp) a5200 [pitalll, pitfall2]: Incorrect graphics near top of screen. (Angelo Salese)
- 06970: [Graphics] (irem/m72.cpp) dbreed: Sprites appear behind status display at the bottom of the screen. (Mamesick)
- 08426: [Misc.] (misc/highvdeo.cpp) bingopd: Manufacturer name is misspelled. (ArcadeShadow)
- 08435: [Core] (trs/trs80.cpp) trs80l2: WD1771 does not support a1 DAM status bit. (O. Galibert)
- 08441: [Crash/Freeze] (nintendo/nes.cpp) famicom [wallybngp]: Emulator crashes with access violation on start. (kmg)
- 08446: [Misc.] (nintendo/nes.cpp) famicom [famijmp2]: Game fails to boot on first start. (kmg)
- 08458: [Core] (trs/trs80.cpp) trs80l2, trs80m4: Sync byte value is not correctly read from WD FDC in two places. (pnp2084)
- 08460: [Original Reference] (konami/wecleman.cpp) hotchase and clones: DIP switch labels are incorrect. (Cow)
Read the complete release notes here.
Software similar to MAME 6
MAMEUI64 is the x64 GUI version of MAME on the Windows platform.
Highly experimental software to emulate Wii U applications on PC.
For the first time, the 'It just works' philosophy now extends to open source video game emulation on the Mac.
More similar downloads