Dr.Web CureIt! is an anti-virus scanner based on Dr.Web Scanning Engine, the standard virus scanning engine of Dr.Web products. Although Dr.Web CureIt! has limited performance capabilities in comparison with Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows (no resident monitor, no command line scanner, no updating utility, etc.), it is nevertheless able to effectively scan the system and perform necessary actions for detected threats.
Dr.Web CureIt! is the ideal solution for situations when installation of an anti-virus is impossible due to virus activity or some other reason, because it does not require installation, operates under Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems for 32 or 64-bit platforms (from Microsoft Windows 2000 and to Microsoft Windows 8) and is constantly supplemented with the latest Dr.Web virus databases to ensure its effectiveness against all virus threats and other malicious programs. It also automatically defines the language used by your operating system.
You can use Dr.Web CureIt! free of charge to scan your personal computer. For any commercial use of Dr.Web CureIt!, however, a license is required.
Dr.WEB CureIt! detects and removes:
- Mass-mailing worms
- E-mail viruses
- Peer-to-peer viruses
- Internet worms
- File viruses
- Stealth viruses
- Polymorphic viruses
- Bodiless viruses
- Macro viruses
- MS Office viruses
- Script viruses
- Password stealers
- Paid Dialers
- Joke programs
- Malicious scripts
- Other malware
- A new scanning subsystem that can scan computer disks in a multithreaded mode to fully benefit from multi-core processors.
- Significant increase in the scanning speed.
- Greatly enhanced stability of the program virtually eliminates the possibility of BSOD ("blue screen of death") during the scanning.
- Completely redesigned user interface.
- Rootkit search subsystem.
- Advanced custom scan features that allow to scan a computer memory, boot sectors, startup objects, etc.
- An option to block a network connection during the scanning.
- An option to shut down an operating system as soon as the scanning is complete.
- Scanning a PC BIOS for "bioskits" — malicious programs infecting a PC BIOS.
- Native quarantine manager.
- Block low-level file operations.
- Supported Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
Apps similar to Dr.Web 16
Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.
avast! Free Antivirus is perfect for people who send e-mails and surf popular websites.
IObit Malware Fighter detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware while to make sure we do not lag your PC.