MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
- What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)...(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customise these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Chinese Traditional, Albanian, Korean, German languages updated
- Support of VP5 file format
- MPEG-4 Visual and MPEG Video: can now display the custom matrices data
- WM: interlacement detection for VC-1 based codecs (WMV3...)
- AVI: Better association of abcAVI tags to MediaInfo tags
- PureBasic binding
- Delphi binding: dynamic load (by default) of the library, thanks to Icebob
- #2142995, MPEG-4: handling the Display Aspect Ratio from the track Header (tkhd)
- #2141277, MPEG-PS/TS: Audio ID was hefor MPEG-PS but decimal for MPEG-TS streams
- #2109107, Tags in Flac or Ogg: modification of the tag types priorities
- #2120224, MPEG-4: some specific files were not parsed completely (missing info)
- MPEG-TS with Dirac: some specific files were not parsed completely (missing info)
- MPEG-4: Crash on MPEG-4 Visual format without DecDecoder stuff
- Command line: was not reading custom template in UTF-8 codepage
- DV: some files were not well detected
- MPEG Video: some files were badly detected with 3:2 pulldown
- AVS (Chinese): some corrections, thanks to Tom's translation of documents
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.