One of the best tools to create bootable USB drives. Works for Windows, Linux, DOS, UEFI and Arm.
Similar to 6
Rufus is a small utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives. It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Non exhaustive list of ISOs Rufus is known to work with:
Arch Linux, Archbang, BartPE/pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, gNewSense, Hiren's Boot CD, LiveXP, Knoppix, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Slackware, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11, etc.
Oh, and Rufus is fast. For instance it's about twice as fast as UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool, on the creation of a Windows 7 USB installation drive from an ISO. It is also marginally faster on the creation of Linux bootable USB from ISOs.
- Add timeouts on enumeration queries that may stall on some systems
- Restore MS-DOS drive creation through the download of binaries from Microsoft
- Update the log button icon
- Fix UEFI:NTFS incompatibility with Windows Dev Kit 2023 platform
- Fix more GRUB out of range pointer errors with Ubuntu/Fedora when booting in BIOS mode
Previous release notes
- Add SHA-1 and SHA-256 x86 acceleration on CPUs that support it (courtesy of Jeffrey Walton)
- Add an option to disable BitLocker device encryption in the Windows User Experience dialog
- Add a cheat mode (Ctrl-P) to preserve the log between sessions
- Fix potential media creation errors by forcing the unmount of stale WIM images
- Fix potential access errors in ISO → ESP mode by forcing Large FAT32 formatting
- Fix user-specified label not being preserved on error/cancel
- Fix some large SSD devices being listed by default
- Fix processing of Rock Ridge CE fields
- Work around the use of Rock Ridge symbolic links for Linux firmware packages (Debian)
- Remove the ISO download feature on Windows 7
- Note: This is the last version of Rufus that can run on Windows 7
Rufus is featured in...
Software similar to Rufus 6
YUMI lets you create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple OS, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
Universal USB Installer aka UUI is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive.
Create bootable USB drive for ISO files.
More similar downloads