Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 188.8.131.524 Beta
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is considered to be the next step in the detection and removal of malware.
Have you ever considered what makes an anti-malware application effective? We at Malwarebytes have created an easy-to-use, simple, and effective anti-malware application.
Whether you know it or not your computer is always at risk of becoming infected with viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware that are constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove. Only the most sophisticated anti-malware techniques can detect and remove these malicious programs from your computer.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is considered to be the next step in the detection and removal of malware. We compiled a number of new technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well-known Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware applications on the market today cannot.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start. The Realtime Protection Module uses our advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure. In addition, we have implemented a threats center which will allow you to keep up to date with the latest malware threats.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released at least once every two days.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
- Completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and providing quicker access to key functionality
- Quick Scan has been renamed to Threat Scan, our recommended scan type
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings)
- Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings)
- Enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista SP2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as BitTorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name)
- Native x64 system location scanning, detection and malware removal
- Substantial improvements to core detection and removal technology
- Performance issues when streaming audio on Vista SP2 and newer when using Malicious Website Protection should now be resolved
The following are the known issues for the first MBAM 2.0 Beta:
- You should uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 first and reboot prior to installing the 2.0 beta if running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO or the free Trial. You do not need to run mbam-clean.exe.
- English is the only language available at this time. Additional languages will be available for release.
- id: MBAM2BETA
- key: 4XZHE-6ANRN-TKWCV-EV6HZ-G79PH
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: