It's amazing how fast a page loads when you strip away everything but the real content.
Up to a whopping 60% of page load time is caused by the underlying ad technology that loads into various places each time you hit a page on your favorite news site. And 20% of this is time spent on loading things that are trying to learn more about you. Example news page data and load time with tracking allowed and normal ads allowed.
Browse Safer with Brave on Your Side
At Brave, our goal is to block everything on the web that can cramp your style and compromise your privacy. Annoying ads are yesterday's news, and cookies stay in your jar where they belong.
- Brave blocks harmful advertising: There's a new ad game in town. It's called "Malvertising". The latest display ad technology can install malware on your laptop without your knowledge. But not with Brave watching your back.
- Brave redirects sites to HTTPS: We've integrated HTTPS Everywhere into every Brave browser to make sure you are always moving your bits across the safest possible pipe.
- Brave blocks Tracking Pixels and Tracking Cookies: Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you when you see an ad for something you bought a few days ago? We make sure you aren't being tracked while you shop online and browse your favorite sites.
Brave is open source
Join us on GitHub and contribute to Brave as we build the web of the future.
We believe in having an open source community. It’s our web and we want to fix it as a team, so everything from our backend to the frontend is open. We are progressing quickly so expect to see new commits on an hourly basis.
- Android version updated to 1.0.99
- 1Password integration
- Added Linux, Android and iOS versions
Apps similar to Brave Browser 3
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox Quantum.
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
It's your device. It's your time. So make it your Internet.