Multi Commander 4.1.0
Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager that is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout.
Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient.
It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commanders big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Like Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives, registry and FTP, Search for file, View files and pictures and the Scripting support let you automate many task. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcut so you can work fast and efficient.
- Tabs allowing you to have multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing.
- Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail list modes.
- Background work for all tasks that takes time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruptions.
- Customize the layout and colors to fit your styling needs.
- Extensions and plugins that will increase the functionality of Multi Commander.
- FTP, Registry , Zip, 7-Zip, Rar , Tar , GZ , Bz2 , Jar Support
- View and Change file permissions, Take ownership of files.
- Picture tools like Convert / Rotate Pictures, View/Remove EXIF tags, Adjust EXIF Date of pictures.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Png, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff and many RAW formats.
- Show Movie information from IMDB/Rotten tomato as extra columns on you movie files.
- Audio tools like View Audio file properties, View/Edit MP3 Tags.
- Open API for developers to create extensions and plugins.
- Remember selections when you get back from another location when browsing the filesystem.
- Use mouse and drag and drop or use quick keyboard command for all the task.
- FileOperations plugins that can automatically sort / unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for fast and safe rename of multiple files/folder, Rule based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size, as ASCII/Unicode/UTF8/Binary and Hex.
- Take over the file type association from windows. Configure view, edit and open action based on file type and path.
- Both 32bit and 64bit versions available.
- Handle folders with many thousands of files with easy, And use power full filters to limit what you want to view.
- Compare folders and select the files and folders that are different, that are the same and many other options.
- Powerfull script engine allowing you to create script that automate tasks.
- Portable. Can be installed and run from portable (USB) device. Will not write any settings/session info on host computer.
- Multi Language support. English, German, French, Czech, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Polish and Japanese is supported.
- Added - New Splash - Provided by Patrick of Chasing Carrots (www.chasing-carrots.com)
- Added - Icons can now be overridden based on file extension. (Extra Useful for portable mode, to always show same icons)
- Added - FileType setup for Viewers and Editors can now also define there own icon
- Added - Zip Extension now has its own settings page where some zip settings like CodePage can be configured.
- Added - Default Tab Colors for all extension can be customized.
- Added - Explorer Panel can customize the Tab Color and Name for every tab.
- Added - Explorer Panel now support medium (24) and extra large (48) icons.
- Added - Column customization have been reworked and dialogs merged.
- Added - Columns can now be customized to have and extra left/right space in them.
- Added - Quick Look and Feel Setup window and been redesigned. And the two dialogs are now one.
- Added - Buttons in the button panel can now also show an icon.
- Added - Progressbars colors for the Copy/Move/Delete/Extract dialogs can now be customized.
- Added - Scanning Network for computers will now keep cache of found computers. And also possible to pin computer so they are always shown.
- Added - Browning NET: will no longer auto scan the network. And when it scan it is done in the background and will not lock up the main UI.
- Added - Show ViewFilters button added to Filter input field.
- Added - View Filters can be customized
- Added - Right click on Add/Remove selection on toolbar will show a popup menu with a quick selection list.(Shares some items with ViewFilters)
- Added - Right click on "Copy Path to clipboard" button on the toolbar will now show a popup menu with all the "Copy xxx To Clipboard" options"
- Added - Tray Icon Single click support added
- Added - "MC.FileSearch.Search" now supports SIZE parameters
- Added - Command line command ":cic" will clear the icon cache
- Added - The toolbar button "ShowHidden Files toolbar" is shown with a slightly different icon depending on what the current option is.
- Added - Rar FileSystem extension is now built using the UnRAR 5.01 source.
- Added - Show Select/Unselect popup menu can be shown using hotkeys.
- UPG - Upgrade the 3d party Metadata library in the MCAudioTools extension, Now using TagLib 1.9.1
- Fixed - Icons cache will be cleared and all views will be refresh if icons are changed in FileTypeSetup
- Fixed - Opening new tab from locked tab issue.
- Fixed - Right autoscrolling issue in List/Thumbnail mode
- Fixed - Drag/Drop modifier keys
- Fixed - Timing Issue resulting in that file items being shown double.
- Fixed - Delete dialog does now support MultiMonitor systems again.
- Fixed - 8 Rare Crash issues reported by Crash report system.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: