Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions And many more!
Total Commander Portable
Download the USB Installer tool first. This little tool allows you to copy an existing installation of Total Commander including all plugins and settings files to an USB stick. This is useful if you want to take Total Commander with you to work on various machines, e.g. for support work. It will automatically detect an existing PortableApps installation on the stick, and add Total Commander to it. The tool will NOT copy programs to the stick to which you link on the button bar.
New functions and fixes:
- Updated unrar dlls to 6.23.0. RARLAB has now issued a statement that the unrar dlls are not affected by the critical vulnerability in RAR
- Shift+F4 edit new file(s): Multiple names can now be passed also in double quotes separated by spaces, e.g. "file1.txt" "file2.txt" "file3.txt"
- cm_Edit: Parameter /N now supports alternate syntax /N=<"file1.txt" "file2.txt" "file3.txt"> to pass multiple names to the function more easily
- Compare by content: Set number of lines which must be matching after a difference (CompareFindLines)
Total Commander 11.00 release notes
- Show searchable list of all open tabs with Ctrl+Shift+A (as in the Chrome browser) or right clicking on the rightmost edge of the tab headers
- Ignore list now supports entries for file system plugins and FTP servers (separate syntax)
- Search with "Everything": Support search in indexed subfolders
- Show full path with all parents in nested virtual folders, e.g. when accessing a phone
- Show free and total space of Android devices in the base folder
- Follow link files (*.lnk) pointing to directories relative to the current location, e.g. %WinDir%\explorer.exe ..\..\content
- Inform other Total Commander instances on the same PC when the user changes the "Start" menu or button bars
- In place rename, command line: Stop on Ctrl+Left/Right at extra non-alphanumeric characters
- Standalone Lister, search, compare and synchronize dirs can be started maximized and minimized
- New pseudo environment variable %$DATE% inserts current date and time in 24 hour format, supports template like %$DATE:YMD%
- Multi-rename tool: New placeholder [I] or [I1] to ignore dots in folder names: Entire name in [N], [E] is empty.
- High speed packing and unpacking of ZIP and GZ files with modified libdeflate library
- Change compression rate for ZIP, GZ and TGZ directly in the pack dialog
- F5 copy: New overwrite mode "Rename older target files, skip newer"
- F5 copy, ftp/plugin transfers: Show transfer speed of the entire copy operation in the second progress bar when available
- File system plugins and FTP: Show new option "Finish copying the current file" when aborting copying
- Unpack ZIP files with ZSTD (by Facebook) compression
- Unpack .zst (ZSTD) and .br (BROTLI) files
- 7z.exe or 7zg.exe can now also be used as an external zip packer
- New style directory history list which is no longer based on a Windows menu
- Quick search and quick filter support
- Quick search in whole path by starting search strings with an asterisk
- Right click context menu support with many options like opening the directory in the other panel or a new tab
- Context menu, option to copy path to clipboard
- Context menu, option to remove entries from history
- Context menu, option to show all items when history thinning is enabled
- Keep track of most frequently used directories and show them in the directory history in addition to the history entries
- Keep list of frequently used directories synchronized between multiple Total Commander instances on the same PC
- New page "History" in the main settings dialog
- Hex mode: highlighting in both text and hex representation of file content
- Copy the selection to the clipboard as hexadecimal characters, with Ctrl+Shift+C or via the right-click menu
- cm_Copy, cm_RenMov, cm_CreateShortcut, cm_PackFiles, cm_UnpackFiles and cm_Edit support parameters to set dialog box options
- New tab commands: cm_RenameTab, cm_SetTabOption*, cm_SetAllTabsOption*, cm_OpenNewTabOther, cm_OpenNewTabBgOther
- New quick search commands: cm_QuickSearch, cm_QuickFilter, cm_QuickFilter 1 (restore last quick filter)
- New drive commands: cm_DriveContextMenu, cm_OpenDriveByIndex
- New command line commands: cm_ShowCmdLineHistory, cm_AddFileNameToCmdline, cm_AddPathAndFileNameToCmdline
- New internal command OPENBARMENU opens the passed .bar file as a dropdown menu
- Hotkeys defined via Configuration - Options - Misc now support commands with parameters
- Use internal commands in internal associations, .e.g. ***CM_LIST %1
Command line parameters in button bar/start menu:
- New parameter %y (lowercase) keeps other parameters and skips only list file parameters if the list is empty
- New parameter %a (lowercase) includes all selected files from both panels in list parameters like %L
- New parameter %|envvar| inserts environment variable envvar, e.g. %|windir| or %|$DESKTOP|
Since 32-bit plugins cannot be used by 64-bit programs, they need to be converted first. Therefore there will not be many plugins available initially for 64-bit. If you use plugins extensively, you should keep using the 32-bit version. You can install both in parallel to the same directory - there is now a separate installer which will install both together.
Software similar to Total Commander 8
Multi-tabbed dual pane file manager for Windows, featuring a powerful file search, a versatile preview, and a highly customizable interface.
The latest beta of Total Commander giving you sneak peek of what's coming in version 11.00.
- Free to Try
Easily manage files and folders from your computer's hard disk drive or removable devices in up to 4 explorer panels.
ES File Explorer is a free, full-featured file and application manager.
More similar downloads