Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more. If you interested in downloading the latest beta version of Total Commander you can head here.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many imporvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions And many more!
- Support for multiple screens with different densities (DPI) per screen on Windows 10 (requires latest release version, "Creators Update", or newer).
- Support for Windows 10 fall Creators Update, mainly OneDrive online only file support
- Set font quality (e.g. force antialiasing on/off)
- Support new pseudo environment variables from values described here - just leave out the FOLDERID_ prefix, e.g. %$AccountPictures%
- "New folder" (F7) can now use the same placeholders as the multi-rename tool (e.g. date+time), and create multiple directories in one step using a counter
- "New text file" (Shift+F4) now supports the same placeholders as the multi-rename tool
- "New text file" (Shift+F4) now also works in archives, on FTP servers, and with file system plugins
- Option to use latest "Everything" tool in Alt+Shift+Enter/Spacebar free space calculations
- Internal 7zip unpacker: Support background unpacking
- Support touch screen scrolling+text selection
- Support Unicode names when loading images via Irfanview (needs new Unicode version of Irfanview)
Compare by content:
- Set width in binary mode to 8, 16, 24 or 32 bytes
- New placeholders for inserting current date+time
Installer (of the demo version):
- The Installer now accepts the following options: /AHLMGDUK
- A=Auto install,
- H=Run hidden,
- L=Language number,
- G=Create group,
- D=Create desktop icon,
- U=Update if target exists,
- K=installs wincmd.key file located in same directory as the installer.
- All options accept parameters 1 or 0, e.g. G0 or G1. L accepts language Nr. from install.inf, e.g. L18=Romanian
- Note: All options MUST be passed as a single parameter after a single slash, not as separate parameters
Since 32-bit plugins cannot be used by 64-bit programs, they need to be converted first. Therefore there will not be many plugins available initially for 64-bit. If you use plugins extensively, you should keep using the 32-bit version. You can install both in parallel to the same directory - there is now a separate installer which will install both together.