Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions And many more!
Total Commander Portable
Download the USB Installer tool first. This little tool allows you to copy an existing installation of Total Commander including all plugins and settings files to an USB stick. This is useful if you want to take Total Commander with you to work on various machines, e.g. for support work. It will automatically detect an existing PortableApps installation on the stick, and add Total Commander to it. The tool will NOT copy programs to the stick to which you link on the button bar.
- Files - Create checksum file(s): Support for very fast BLAKE3 hash algorithm
- New option "Finish copying the current file" when aborting copying in the middle of a file
- New command line parameter /P opens parent of the passed path and places cursor on last directory
- Internal content plugin (tc): New fields from id3v1/id3v2/ape/flac/wav/ogg/m4a metadata tags, like Title, Artist etc.
- Unpack ZIP files with Brotli (by Google) compression, mainly used in XPI files
- Synchronize dirs: Show progress when comparing by content also in taskbar icon
- FTPS/HTTPS: Support for OpenSSL 3.0
- wincmd.ini [Configuration] ExecUseContextMenu: set to 1 to open files as if the user right clicked on it and clicked on the default context menu item
- wincmd.ini [Configuration] AlwaysShowAppdata=0 hides Appdata folder when hidden files are not shown
- wincmd.ini [Configuration] FileTipWindowsOnIcon=1 only shows tooltips when the cursor is over the icon (FileTipWindows must also be enabled).
- wincmd.ini [Configuration] CountMarkedInDialog=0 turns off the memory requirement determination in the F5 copy dialog
- Option to always load directory sizes after a directory change, either internally or via 'Everything' tool
- Option to set custom date/time format and separators (Configuration - Options - Tabstops)
- Show total bytes, files and folders to be copied already in F5 copy dialog
- Show transfer speed with mixed units (e.g. x.xx b/M/G/T), configured via [Configuration] SizeTransfer, defaults to value of footer
- Configure extra space around drive button icons via Configuration - Options - Icons
- Dark mode: Option to configure border color (lines between controls)
- Button bar: set the "Tooltip" field to a single space to disable tooltip
- Menu Files - Print - File content now prints all selected files (after a warning)
- On Windows 10 older than 1709 (Fall 2017) and older Windows versions, support thumbnails larger than 240 pixels
- Directory hotlist (Ctrl+D): For add/remove button and Configure, use hotkeys +, - and * (configurable)
- Ctrl+Z on ".." allows to set the comment of the current directory
- Show additional main menu item "Plugins" to directly choose a Lister plugin
- Quick view panel: Show used plugin in title (normally used for path) behind the file name
- Command line parameter /S=L to open a separate Lister window: New sub-parameter F to open Lister in full screen view
Lister, internal image viewer:
- Zoom images with Ctrl+Mouse wheel or +/- on numeric keypad, or via click on percent value in the menu
- Use Shift+Cursor left/right to scroll images in smaller steps than Cursor left/right
Lister, internal media player:
- Show track name and artist from a track's tags (id3v1, id3v2.2, id3v2.3/2.4, ape, flac, wav, ogg and m4a)
- Show cover image from a track's tags, or from a file named cover.jpg, folder.jpg, cover.png, or folder.png in the same folder
- Button to show/hide cover image
- Load track positions and names from .cue file with the same name as the opened media file, e.g. for seeking in long compilations
- Single step now also works for audio only (1/10 second steps)
- New hotkeys in multimedia mode: M=Mute, E=Single step, C=Cover, Ctrl/Shift+arrow keys to fast forward/rewind
- Prefer DirectShow filters from filter32/64 subdirectory when present, even when a different version of that filter is registered in the system. Disable via wincmd.ini [Lister] PreferFiltersFromFile=0
- Set foreground and background color of Lister media player controls via Configuration-Options-Color
- Set partial date and/or time by using letters in place of the unchanged parts, e.g. 10:mm:ss to change just the hours. The actual characters don't matter, 10:xx:xx will also work.
Compare by content:
- New hotkey F2 in edit mode jumps to the next difference within a line, Shift+F2 to the previous difference
- Accept one or two file names via drag&drop to the path edit boxes
- Button "Sync" to choose re-synchronize method, e.g. to look for equal characters only after a space
- Offer to auto-rename files also when moving them to subdirs and a file with the same name already exists in that directory
- New placeholders [B0]..[B9] insert parent, grandparent, great grandparent folder etc. from the path
- New placeholders [B+0]..[B+9] insert drive letter, first folder, second folder etc. from the path
- New field [T4] will use EXIF date (when a photo was taken) for all date fields after this placeholder
- The Fields [T1] to [T4] now support a time offset in the form [T1+60m] or [T1-10h]
- cm_ReloadFileIcons to reload all icons and icon overlays without re-reading the file lists
- cm_CloseDuplicateTabs to close all duplicate tabs in current panel
- cm_SwitchColorsByFileType to turn colors by file type on/off
- cm_SwitchFileTipWindows to enable/disable the display of tooltips (hints) for files
- cm_CopyToArchive/cm_MoveToArchive to open pack dialog with "Move" option unchecked/checked
- cm_CloseCurrentTab, cm_CloseAllTabs, cm_UnloadPlugins, cm_CopyFileDetailsToClip, cm_CopyHdrFileDetailsToClip etc. now support parameters, see description
- command cd "path" can now be combined with internal commands, with the path in double quotes
starts renaming immediately with the given saved settings, two equal signs close the dialog afterwards
Since 32-bit plugins cannot be used by 64-bit programs, they need to be converted first. Therefore there will not be many plugins available initially for 64-bit. If you use plugins extensively, you should keep using the 32-bit version. You can install both in parallel to the same directory - there is now a separate installer which will install both together.
Total Commander is featured in...
Software similar to Total Commander 8
Multi-tabbed dual pane file manager for Windows, featuring a powerful file search, a versatile preview, and a highly customizable interface.
The latest beta of Total Commander giving you sneak peek of what's coming in version 10.00.
- Free to Try
Easily manage files and folders from your computer's hard disk drive or removable devices in up to 4 explorer panels.
ES File Explorer is a free, full-featured file and application manager.
More similar downloads