Home › Downloads › Organizers
Task Coach 1.3.34
Task Coach is a simple open source todo manager to keep track of personal tasks and todo lists. It is designed for composite tasks, and also offers effort tracking, categories, notes and more.
The desktop version of Task Coach (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD) has the following features:
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
- Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
- Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL's onto a task, note or category.
- Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
- Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
- Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
- Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
- The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
- Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
- Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
- Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
- Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as My Funambol.
Task Coach for iOS
There is a todo-list application for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that can synchronize with Task Coach through the network.
Main features are:
- Hierarchical categories.
- Editing of task subject, description, dates and completed status.
- Tap on the task's led icon to mark it complete.
- Available in English and French.
- Fix crash at startup on Ubuntu 13 if python-apscheduler is installed.
- Use the "Suggests" mechanism instead of "Recommends" for the Debian package (python-kde4).
- Handle short date formats with weekday.
- When adding a viewer, the main toolbar would shrink.
- Fix an error when the user types a numeric value in the AM/PM field of the date/time picker.
- Don't open floating viewers on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Add a hint that the task file needs to be saved in the main window title.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.