Home › Downloads › Organizers
Task Coach 1.3.36
Task Coach is a simple open source todo manager to keep track of personal tasks and todo lists. It is designed for composite tasks, and also offers effort tracking, categories, notes and more.
The desktop version of Task Coach (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD) has the following features:
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
- Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
- Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL's onto a task, note or category.
- Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
- Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
- Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
- Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
- The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
- Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
- Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
- Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
- Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as My Funambol.
- Prerequisites modification would not work. (1480, 1486, 1495)
- LC_TIME would not be honored if set independently (1483)
- Disable translations that are not at least 90% complete.
- Do something a little more intuitive when editing efforts in aggregated mode. (1485)
- Fix a resource leak on Windows. (1488)
- Fix a crash on Mint when synchronizing with an iPhone if the password is not set. (1487)
- Show and bring minimized window to front on simple click in the dock (OS X) (1490)
- Disable dock icon ticking on Mavericks. (1489)
- Fix line ending problem when importing from CSV on Mac/Linux (1493)
- Delete .txt files as well when overwriting a task file. (1274)
Task Coach for iOS
There is a todo-list application for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that can synchronize with Task Coach through the network.
Main features are:
- Hierarchical categories.
- Editing of task subject, description, dates and completed status.
- Tap on the task's led icon to mark it complete.
- Available in English and French.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: