Norton AntiVirus defends your PC against detected viruses, spyware, bots, worms, and more while minimising the performance impact or getting in your way. The improved Norton Protection System features multi-layered protection technologies that work together to proactively block attacks and detect and remove threats before they can harm your PC.
Pulse Updates every 5 to 15 minutes and real-time online security checks help ensure continuous, up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats. New SONAR 2 (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) technology monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to help detect and eliminate the latest breaking threats.
Intrusion Protection defends your PC from web-based attacks so you can surf with confidence. And new Vulnerability Protection blocks security holes in your PC’s operating system, applications, browsers, and browser plug-ins to prevent hackers from exploiting them.
The new Norton Performance System ensures strong protection that won’t swallow up system resources and will minimise performance impact. Norton AntiVirus offers the fastest install time, the fastest boot time and the lowest memory requirements of any antivirus and antispyware solution. Norton Insight technology identifies and targets only files at risk, for less frequent, shorter scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry.
In addition to usual anti-virus protection, Norton AntiVirus provides easy-to-understand threat and performance information to help you prevent future infections and keep your PC running fast. Plus, only Norton AntiVirus is backed by Symantec Security Response, which provides comprehensive, global, Internet security expertise to guard against today's complex threats.
- Norton Internet Worm Protection stops certain damaging Internet worms at their attempted point of entry.
- QuickScan tool automatically searches for and removes viruses whenever new virus protection updates are downloaded.
- PreInstall Scan quickly detects and removes infections that can interfere with installing and launching Norton AntiVirus.
- Automatically removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Scans and cleans both incoming and outgoing email messages.
- Blocks viruses in instant message attachments.
- Detects spyware and certain non-virus threats such as adware and keystroke logging programs.
- Scans compressed file archives before you open them and risk infecting your computer.
- Downloads new virus protection updates automatically to protect against new threats.
- Worm Blocking and Script Blocking can detect new threats even before virus protection updates are created for them.
- Improved performance delivers faster scans
- One click access to expert support
- Works quietly in the background.
- Network mapping provides a view of your home network.
- Detects and removes spyware and viruses
- Blocks spyware and worms automatically
- Protects email and instant messaging from viruses
- Prevents virus*infected emails from spreading
- Rootkit detection finds and removes hidden threats
- Includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the renewable service period
- Remove dangerous threats from files you download
- Block spyware from hijacking your computer
- Stop spyware from tracking you online
- Block Internet worms at point of entry
- Remove viruses from email and instant messages
- 300MHz or higher processor
- 256MB of RAM
- 300MB of available hard disk space
- Firefox 28 Compatibility update
- Fixed issue where high CPU and I/O usage during Idle
- Resolved problem where Norton Toolbar Safe Search "Live Search" results pulls focus from search box
- Solved issue where links to threat definitions within the product were not clickable
- Fixed problem where "Norton is currently...background tasks" displays at startup, but no tasks are running
- Resolved the issue where Disk Optimization was failing with the message "Drive B: Other error"
- Toolbar enhancements - Toolbar Settings Panel, enhanced info-bar for multiple logins.
- Resolved issue where Norton 360 Online Backup displayed "Failed - New Files Backed Up: 0"