S3 Graphics Chrome 500 Series Features:
OpenGL 3.0 Support
Drivers dated 12/01/2008 or later include support for OpenGL 3.0 extensions.
S3 Graphics AcceleRAM LowFB (Low Frame Buffer) Technology is a combination of hardware and software that enables this new and unique architecture. In this configuration, a part of the larger system main memory (DDR2 DIMMs), called PCIe memory, is used as part of the overall video memory, which includes a small amount of dedicated local video memory
Release Type: Microsoft Certified WHQL
- Bug Fix
- Connect only DVI monitor, go to desktop, right click and check Properties->Settings->Advanced->Monitor, the option of “Hide modes that this monitor cannot display” is in grey and not available for selection. (44617-0313)
- The OpenGL verison shows 2.1 when run GPU Caps viewer, another application OGL Extensions viewer shows OpenGL version as 3.0.17. (In fact, the OpenGL supported version is 3.1)(54979-0337)
- Find S3 graphic company in shanghai after running Google earth, use left/middle/right mouse to move map, there is black square garbage on the map. And sometimes, BSOD:8e(S3ddx9_32.dll) after appear garbage (48949)
- The settings of CRT size and position are not saved after mode changed (Connect CRT only, Set mode to 1024x768, Open S3 Chrome, and change to “Device management” , Change CRT size or position, and apply. Change mode to 800x600, Change mode back to 1024x768, The setting of CRT size and position are the default value, not be saved after mode changed) (56349)
- Run Roxio Creater Basic V9 and full screen, BSOD(0050) caused by S3DMINI_32.sys. (56235)
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.