VIA Envy24 Family Audio Driver 5.60C
The VIA Vinyl Envy24 is a professional versatile PCI multi-channel I/O controller designed with the needs of the audio connoisseur in mind. With 8 input and output channels for analog and digital connections, the VIA Envy24 can meet the most demanding playback and recording requirements. Integrating a high resolution digital mixer the VIA Envy24 enables up to 20 channels of mixing power. This feature is aimed specifically for monitoring final outputs, and making master copies for budget conscious studios.
For easy integration by system designers, the VIA Envy24 can be combined with professional grade I˛S converters, S/PDIF transmitters and receivers, and AC-link codecs. The VIA Envy24 includes SoundBlaster Pro hardware compatibility that is ensured under DOS for DDMA (Distributed DMA) and non-DDMA systems. The Envy24 also includes a Microsoft Win9x architecture based DirectSound accelerator that interfaces to AC'97 devices.
Additional connections include two independent MIDI UARTs enabling connections to multiple external MIDI devices that can be dedicated for different purposes. An 8-port GPIO connector provides an easy port for connection to additional connector cards, and a conventional standard joystick port is also provided.
The applications for the VIA Envy24 include professional high-end PCI audio, computer based telephony, discrete multi-channel audio and general purpose multi-channel I/O. More technical applications include PC-based multi-track audio, PC-based data acquisition, PC-based waveform generation, PC-based instrumentation, and PC-based control and automation.
- Sound Quality
- 24-bit resolution audio format support
- Sampling rates up to 96kHz
- 8x2 I/O on AC-link or I˛S, up to 4x2 converters
- Simultaneous I˛S for S/PDIF I/O up to 96kHz
- 20 channels, 36-bit wide digital mixer
- Peak meters on all 20 professional multi-track streams
- Concurrent 16 streams DirectSound TM accelerator
- Monitor and master copy functions
- Two MPU-401 MIDI UART ports
- DirectInput TM compatible Joystick port
- PCI 2.1 with bus mastering and burst modes
- Easy System Integration
- 8-bit GPIO port
- ACPI and PCI PMI support
- I˛C subset I/F for E˛PROM (configuration and ID storage) and peripherals control
- 24.576, 16.9344 or 22.5792 MHz crystal operation
- Windows® 95/98, NT4.0 drivers
- Other Features
- Sample Rate Converter for DirectSound applications
- HW SoundBlaster® Pro legacy
- FM synthesis for DOS® legacy
- 64-voices SW Wavetable General MIDI Synthesizer for Windows95
- 128-pin PQFP (14mm x 20mm body)
- 3.3V operating supply (5V tolerant I/O)
- VIA Vinyl Envy24 controllers: MT/DT/GT/PT/HT-S
- VIA recommends that you use the driver provided by your motherboard manufacturer or sound card manufacturer whenever possible.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: