Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation Firmware 220.127.116.11
World's most advanced e-reader - higher resolution, higher contrast touchscreen with built-in light and 8-week battery life
- Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen to provide the perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions
- Paperwhite has 62% more pixels for unsurpassed resolution
- 25% better contrast for sharp, dark text
- Even in bright sunlight, Paperwhite delivers clear, crisp text and images with no glare
- New hand-tuned fonts - 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes
- 8-week battery life, even with the light on
- Holds up to 1,100 books - take your library wherever you go
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- New Time to Read feature uses your reading speed to let you know when you'll finish your chapter
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won't find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children's books and includes new parental controls
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library - with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 270,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers
Manually download a Kindle Fire software update and transfer it to your Kindle Fire via USB:
- Download the software. Click the following link to download the software update file directly to your computer:
- Transfer the software to your Kindle Fire. Turn on your Kindle Fire and unlock the screen. Then, connect it to your computer using a USB cable. On your Kindle Fire drive (the drive is typically displayed as a "device" icon), drag and drop the new update file from your computer to the kindleupdates folder on your Kindle drive. Do not drop the file into any other folder on the Kindle drive.
- Monitor the file transfer and disconnect. Check your file transfer progress to ensure the file transfer to your Kindle Fire is complete before disconnecting. After the file has transferred successfully, tap Disconnect on the screen of your Kindle Fire to safely disconnect it from your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle Fire and your computer.
- Start the software update. On the Home screen, tap the Quick Settings icon, and then select More. Tap Device, and then tap Update Your Kindle. Your Kindle Fire will restart twice during the update. After the first restart, you’ll see the Kindle Fire logo on the screen.
- Once the update is complete and your Kindle has restarted: If your software update was successful, your System Version should now read 6.3.2_user_4110520.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: