Google Nexus 5 Android Update 4.4.2
Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE) “Hammerhead” Factory Image for Android 4.4.2.
- Further security enhancements and bug fixes
- Improvements for the Nexus 5 to fix issues with auto focus, white balance, HDR+ and other camera issues
- ART-related bug fixes (includes WhatsApp Messenger)
- The new Photo application is now the default Gallery application when swiping out of the Camera application
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes
- Refreshed interface with white status bar icons/text, ability for applications to trigger a translucent navigation and status appearance.
- Optimizations for performance on devices with lower specifications, Low RAM device API
- Wireless printing capability
- NFC Host Card Emulation for emulating smart cards
- WebViews now based on Chromium engine (feature parity with Chrome for Android 30)
- Expanded functionality for Notification listener services
- Public API for developing and managing text messaging clients.
- New framework for UI transitions
- Storage access framework for retrieving content and documents from other sources
- Sensor batching, Step Detector and Counter APIs
- "Immersive" full screen mode, software buttons and status bar accessed with an edge swipe gesture
- Ability to specify default text messaging and home (launcher) app in Settings.
- Audio tunneling, audio monitoring, loudness enhancer
- Built-in screen recording
- Native infrared blaster API
- Expanded accessibility APIs, system-level closed captioning settings
- New experimental runtime virtual machine, ART
- Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) support
- Disabled access to battery statistics by third-party applications
- Settings application no longer uses a multi-pane layout
- Browser text wrap is disabled.
- The Wi-Fi and mobile data Tx-Rx indicators are disabled.
- Android 4.4 with stock launcher.png
- Android 4.4 on the Nexus 4
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: