Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Something of a surprise from Turtle Beach here, they've released a new Beta WDM Driver for the Santa Cruz for Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 & XP - Build 4184 (Previous Build 4161). Here's what's new;
* Optimized Installer. Removes old driver & installs new one without having to run the install twice. Also installs in 98SE/ME/2K/XP.
* MP9 5.1 support under XP. Now you can play multi-channel WMA files!
* SRS CSII Virtual 5.1 plugin for MP9 works with this driver.
* AC3 digital over SPDIF working in 98SE (with MS QFE 269601USA8.EXE)
* Fixed game port conflict with MPX motherboards.
* Enhanced MIDI playback with better timing & fixed region exclusive(hihats).
* Fixed DSound volume scaling. Now distant sounds in games are more audible.
* Fixed distortion/intermittant noise playing multiple channels at various sample rates.
* Fixed Center/Sub volumes to better match front/rear output levels.
* synced up the windows speaker modes with Santa Cruz Control Panel.
* Optimized boot time & resume from standby times.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: