Acer TimelineX 1830T specs revealed, packs Core i5

By on March 16, 2010, 6:43 PM
The specifications of a pending thin and light notebook by Acer have surfaced early, revealing a healthy blend of performance and mobility. The Aspire TimelineX 1830T has an 11.6-inch 1366x768 display, and is Acer's first Calpella-based ultraportable. As such, it packs a Core i5-520UM processor, which has base clock speed of 1.06GHz and scales up to 1.86GHz with Turbo Boost. It's said to have two memory slots, but exact configurations aren't known.

Despite its small package, it covers the usual breadth of connectivity, complete with HDMI, SPDIF, gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and 3G, a multi-card reader, and three USB ports. Completing the package, the Aspire TimelineX 1830T offers up to eight hours of battery life and has the same compact form factor and lightweight design seen on Acer's other ultraportable machines.

Pricing and release dates are expected to be officially announced toward the end of March. Here's to hoping for something under the $700 mark.

Renegeek said:

Go Acer, very nice, that is one sweet laptop for the price.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

The price hasn't been disclosed yet.

"Pricing and release dates are expected to be officially announced toward the end of March."

tripplejjj said:

...up to eight hours of batter life. I wonder how Acer got that figure. I suppose if I put the computer in sleep mode and leave it like that, then I could get up to eight hours also. I don't even bother to see how long a battery life will last any more because the figure is most likely over inflated.

pipopaz said:

tripplejjj said:

I would normally have said the same thing but Acer is kinda famous for its Timeline line and it's crazy battery life which does reach up to 8 hours, is thanks to the low voltage processor so I don't know how it's going to be with the i5 but I sure hope it keeps up the hope of lasting that much.

pipopaz said:

Well I did not see this coming, since the latest addition to the timeline was recently. I was actually thinking in buying the 13.3" AS3810T-6376 ( 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 Processor, 4GB DDR3,

500GB, Intel GMA 4500MHD Graphics) for $813 at amazon but kinda curious how this new processors hold up and whether they will keep up the amazing battery life. Only concern is that it'll be 11", would prefer 14", I hope they will have a 14 inch model available as well.

Aneesh said:

One of the royal models of acer is Timeline...its again another timeline.......Also great config......

Thompson said:

That's an amazingly powerful laptop!

So light, so powerful, so mobile and such long battery life, I can't see that it can even be possible, it'll certainly come at a cost, looks pretty sleek too.

rskapadia2294 said:

acer is in the new again! competing hard to be no.1!

but gr8 laptop! would be happy if GPU is also included! otherwise gr8 features at gr8 price!

It has now been made online on Acer's website - http://tinyurl.com/y8asj27 (Acer website link)

link taken from gadgetmix - http://gadgetmix.com/index/acer-1830t/

Just thought I should let you guys know :)

Richy2k9 said:

hello ...

Turbo Boost like in Knight Rider, LOL! ...

8 hrs is ambitious, i think i can go recommend that one to one of my friend who really want that much autonomy, & the specs seem OK for what he'll do with it too.

will check for more on Acer's site, for need to know when will be available.

cheers!

rajmond said:

It's a good laptop. but if you are looking for a really powerful one, you can get one just by adding 150-200 $

bigclick said:

Its a trade off. It is a nice package no doubt about it. But for possibly 700 bucks I want more than battery life. 11 inches is not ultra small or comfortably large.

pipopaz said:

link taken from gadgetmix - http://gadgetmix.com/index/acer-1830t/

Just thought I should let you guys know

Thanks for the heads up! I'm really interested on this laptop

Yoda8232 said:

$700 and no dedicated GPU?

I'll pass.

buttus said:

A pretty impressive portable package. I'm not sure about the price but the specs look great.

danteoz said:

As has been already said, not worth $700, reguardless of how prettied up it may seem. For a hundred dollars more you could have a 15.6" with a 1GB dedicated GPU with 4GB DDR3....

EduardsN said:

To me this looks just like another laptop, whats the battery life on this thing?

fref said:

I have one of the previous versions of this laptop and I love it! I'd recommand it to everyone who doesn't need a gaming laptop. I was afraid 11.6" would be too small at first, but I really like it now.

toybd93 said:

wow, I'mma have to look at this one....nom nom

Serag said:

What about the GPU ?

rufio said:

nice! wish there was more information about the specs though. hopefully it won't be too expensive either

Please forgive me when i speak bad englisch. you must know i am German, but i have got the Acer timeline 1810 tz and i am very happy and i have to say that the battery has a lifetime of 7 up to 8 hours while surfing with wlan. of course in my laptop there is a prozessor Su 4100 with a tdp of 5 Watt.

I use 1810TZ too with 4GB RAM, and a USB HSPA 3G modem most of the time, and I got like 4 to 5 hrs. I am longing to see how that timelinex with i3 or i5 works out like, in terms of battery power. It's inconceivable how that can be done:-)

Acer's battery life claims are very accurate.

I got more than 5+ hours out of a 1810T, while transfering a large file across a network, then burning it on an external CD burner WHILE surfing the net and watching movies, etc. I honestly don't know how long it would have gone because at 5 hours when I was finished, I still had 30% battery life left.

battery life is good, 2 cores + hyperthread is best, lower cpu clock speed hmmm.. may not so a problem due to 4 threads processing.. price? now almost end of May, and almost end of Q2