Has the thought of collaborating on TechSpot ever crossed your mind? If so, here's an opportunity to join our editorial team. If you have a passion for technology and have the necessary writing skills, give us a shout. We are looking for at least two part-time editors. These are paid positions, more information after the jump.
Update: Special thanks to everyone who has contacted us for the job openings. I'm glad to report that we've received a good number of qualified applicants so far, more than I expected which is awesome to say the least. You should be hearing from us in the next 48 hours, so we can take in all applications at once and move forward with the process.
Now, a couple of reminders... we have two giveaways currently open. The first for those of you who like us on Facebook, you can win an Acer netbook. The second, for community regulars who can access the Tech Exchange, if you post something for sell or trade before the end of the month, you can win a MSI X-Slim laptop. And by the way, two very generous members of our community are giving away three entry-level Radeon graphics cards, props to Leeky and red1776!
As you are probably be aware, our Desktop PC Buying Guide is kept up to date on an on-going basis. Matthew posted his latest update last week, so expect fresh content there at all times for your reference whenever you need it. I can't emphasize enough the importance of your support getting the word out there about our three buying guides. We work very hard on them and will appreciate if you can recommend them to your friends, family, and social networking contacts.
Other things to look forward to this week: After much controversy on its first installment, Kane & Lynch 2 is getting a multi-platform release this week. Also GamesCom will open its doors in Cologne, Germany, where Blizzard is expected to showcase Diablo III.TechSpot news writer position - Do you have what it takes?
- We are looking for at least two news writers that are driven and self-motivated when it comes to computers and technology. Being a regular reader of TechSpot is not a requirement but certainly a big plus.
- We need you to be active, posting at least 5 stories per week. Payments are made per post, so the more the better. Further incentives will be given based on post quality, traffic and number of comments.
- You must be proficient in English and grammar. An approval process will be enforced until you are settled in and get a better grasp of whats needed.
- Geographic location is not a constraint, but ideally we want at least one editor based in Europe so we can do a better job covering different time zones.
- Topics we usually cover on TechSpot include: computer hardware and software, Internet applications and services, IT industry in general, mobile devices, PC and console gaming.
If you are interested and would like to learn more please email us. Thank you.