Weekend game deals: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & CoP for $10

By on August 20, 2010, 11:39 AM
It's Friday again, and you know what that means don't you? It's time for digital game peddlers to seduce you with bargain basement prices! As usual, we've collected sales from a handful of popular online stores. If you'd like to see another dealer included in the listings, let us know about them in the comments. Oh, and be sure to share any game sales you spot.

Steam
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and Shadow of Chernobyl $10 (75% off)
Global Agenda $30 (25% off)
Avencast: Rise of the Mage $5 (50% off)
DogFighter $8.49 (50% off)

More game deals after the jump.
Impulse
Resident Evil 5 $25 (50% off)
Street Fighter IV $15 (50% off)
SimCity Societies $10 (50% off)
Flatspace I & II $6.49/$12.49 (both 50% off)
Zombie Shooter 2 $6 (40% off)

Direct2Drive
Men of War $7.50 (50% off)

Good Old Games
Gamescom weeklong promo, up to 40% off the following titles: Gothic 2 Gold Edition, Painkiller Black Edition, Realms of Arkania 1, 2 and 3, Spellforce Platinum, and The Guild Gold Edition -- all for $32.94, or $19 off.

EA Store
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $20.07 (33% off)

JMMD JMMD, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $10 is nice, I've never played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. Anyone know if the mods for these games work with Steam?

princeton princeton said:

I just bought them and for $10 I would be fine if it used ubisofts DRM @ that price for TWO games.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

That's a hella deal for the two S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. I already have Chernobyl, but might as well get this as I don't think I'm going to get Pripyat for any cheaper.

I just "bought" Bad Company 2 for $20, only after you've put in your credit card information, it tells you that you'll receive the result of your transaction shortly, so now I have $20 taken out of my account with no game to show for it, and when I go back and try to find the transaction history on the EA Store site, there is nothing. Love to be able to contact someone but it doesn't look like they have a phone number of any kind on their site.

Staff
Julio Franco Julio Franco, TechSpot Editor, said:

Has anyone played the original Stalker lately? Did they ever fix the bugs breaking gameplay after a few levels?

motrin said:

^ something like that happening, is what stopped me from going for it. "EA Store " was my main issue.. Hope every works out for you tho.

lol you have to dl EA download manager

check your email all the info is there in how to get your copy.

dividebyzero dividebyzero, trainee n00b, said:

The 1.0004 and 1.0005 patch fixed most. if not all the CTD and glitches. The 1.0006 patch is the latest (MP addons and true 16:10 support).

And there's a link to some of the mods and conversions

....and Oblivion Lost Ultimate (the OL 2.2 mod + re-texture, sound overhaul, Arsenal weapons mod/improved ballistics etc., upgrades, mutant parts, freeplay etc...) (2nd download link if the first one is a little slow)

A few links for DIY modding/editing of STALKER

Some of the mods work best with 1.0004/1.0005. Steam will dl 1.0006, so if anyone needs to downgrade the patch, this might come in handy

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

Originally Posted by Julio View Post

I have played with the same mods Chef linked to and it was smooth. and looked tremendous. Here is a few screens I put up awhile back of the 'STALKER Complete Mods for CS

[link]