Gamers get two new 3D Vision monitors from BenQ

By Lee Kaelin on November 4, 2011, 5:00 PM

Hot on the heels of BenQ's recent RTS gamers display launch, the Taiwanese firm has announced the addition of two new models to their range aimed at FPS gamers. The XL2420T and XL2420TX are both 24" 3D display models and support Nvidia's 3D Vision 2 technology.

They both feature LED-backlit TN panels with a native resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, a 2ms GTG (gray to gray) response time, 120Hz refresh rate, a typical brightness of 350 cd/m2 and a contrast rate of 1,000:1. Also included is three port powered USB hub, D-Sub, DVI, two HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs.

They come complete with a stand that allows for height adjustment as well as the typical horizontal and vertical adjustment. The firm's eQualizer colour engine technology also makes an appearance, used to brighten up dark areas without over-exposing the rest of the viewable screen.

Also included is the Display Mode and Smart Scaling functions which enable users to change their monitor view from 17" (4:3), 19" (4:3), 19"W (16:9), 21.5" (16:9), 22"W (16:10), 23"W (16:9) to 24"W (16:9), with two special FPS modes specially tuned for Counter-Strike 1.6 and Counter-Strike Source. Users can change the FPS modes for different games by accessing the Game Mode Loader, an online service for storing game presents.

Both models come bundled with BenQ's S-switch remote control, allowing users to change display settings and modes. The XL2420TX takes features slightly further by including an integrated IR receiver and a pair of 3D glasses. Prices have not been officially announced yet, but pre-order prices as low as €314 (~$430) have been seen for the XL2420T.

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

Come on. Bring back the 16:10 aspect ratio monitors, and then we'll talk.

When I saw the news about the XL2420T yesterday I was immediately sold on getting this monitor once it hits shelves.

When I saw the possible price earlier this morning I was immediately deterred from an desire of consideration.

I'll look forward to getting the ASUS VE258Q instead.

i'm still waiting for a 24" 16:9 1920x1200 IPS 120Hz panel from SOMEBODY!

herpaderp said:

i'm still waiting for a 24" 16:9 1920x1200 IPS 120Hz panel from SOMEBODY!

Too bad you'll be waiting forever since 1920x1200 is 16:10.

spydercanopus spydercanopus said:

I've used an LCD 3D display for years now, and I won't buy another until it's LED pixels because of the ghosting and brightness issues.

herpaderp said:

spydercanopus said:

Yeah I can't wait till we have 20"+ OLED monitors, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting a while before those are out/are reasonably priced >_>

example1013 said:

So do they make 3D TVs for people without stereo vision yet? I have zero desire to spend more money than I would regularly on a monitor that's going to be constantly blurry.