Crysis 3 confirmed, box art leaked, full details coming April 16

By on April 11, 2012, 6:00 PM

Considering the franchise's popularity, there wasn't really any doubt about another Crysis game being in the works, but the upcoming entry has been confirmed after a series of leaks. EA jumped the gun today, briefly posting Crysis 3 on Origin. The listing was swiftly retracted, but not before Webgoers could grab a screenshot (below). Although Origin pulled the entry, remnants of the download page are still indexed on Google.

Since that blunder, NeoGAF readers have discovered high-resolution box art and a teaser indicating that Crysis 3 will be featured in an upcoming issue of Game Reactor. If you haven't caught on yet, there are few official details, but the box art depicts a Crysis soldier donning a nanosuit and a lethal compound bow. The background reveals an urban setting, suggesting that the game won't return to the jungle -- or at least not entirely.

Based on the premature listings, Crysis 3 will ship on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.99 -- $10 cheaper than Crysis 2's launch rate. A pricier Limited Edition is expected, but there's no word on what it'll have. In a statement to The Verge, EA said "the best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained," though the company won't cough up more details until April 16 -- presumably coinciding with Game Reactor's publishing schedule.

Ranger12 Ranger12 said:

I hope it's 49.99 at release. Publishers are trying to make these 59.99 releases standard but I refuse to buy games that go for 59.99. Too much for me.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Tomorrow they will announce that due to the piracy of the box art, they will no longer be releasing it for the PC.

Det Det said:

Lol. So they just left 2 as the crashing piece of crap with Nvidia as it is.

Intersted in seeing how much this one's gonna look like CoD.

Darkshadoe Darkshadoe said:

It will cost $70, contain one level and a .22 caliber pistol, all enemies, other guns, and other maps will be on the disk though and be unlockable though Origin. The collectors edition will contain all of the above PLUS a piece of printer paper that says "Crysis 3" written with a Sharpie for only $110.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

darkshadoe said:

When I saw the compound bow I thought "great, I wonder how much they'll charge for the arrows..." heh.

Littleczr Littleczr said:

I won't buy it. I'll just wait for the game play and reviews. I blindly bought crysis2 for the pc because crysis 1 was so good. Don't get me wrong i crysis 2 is a good game, but not how crysis or crysis warhead was.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I ain't touching it until it ends up in the $5.00 Steam bargain-bin sale. It may have taken me a while, but after Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, I've learned not to trust ANYTHING that has an EA stamp on it.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

?Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars.? - Chris Rock

"This guy is onto something." - CEO of EA

hahahanoobs hahahanoobs said:

I've learned my lesson with Crysis 2... I'm waiting for reviews this time.

Darkshadoe Darkshadoe said:

Matthew said:

darkshadoe said:

I hope your credit score is good :P

ramonsterns said:

EA is in full damage control mode.

Squuiid said:

Does this mean we will finally see Crysis 2 back on Steam? I'm still not buying until they both hit Steam.

Origin sucks!

Let me guess,

Scratch of the 2 ..and draw in a 3 ..

add a BOW .. and DONE! ..

BEST CRYSIS EVER!

crysis 2 was best story ever. and one of the best games.

indiangamer said:

i can just hope that 3rd version will also take place on a tropical paradise. i hated 2nd one strongly.

and why he is using bow

QUOTE:

"Based on the premature listings, Crysis 3 will be ship on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.99 "

Typo there, not to be annoying but it was just there and i thought it best that i say something. :-)

ship should be shipped?

Mindwraith said:

Obvious publicity stunt is obvious

Marnomancer Marnomancer said:

Unfortunately, I don't have any drool left for Crysis 3. I've exhausted it all over Halo 4.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

QUOTE:

ship should be shipped?

Not annoying at all. Thanks.

Is Crysis going the way of the annual EA sport game release "cash cow"?

he is using bow cause it consumed all the bullets on the planet in #2

In other news, Crysis 3 on PC was TOP pirated game of 2012!

- hey i'm in .. Got to try before I buy right?

Staff
Per Hansson Per Hansson, TS Server Guru, said:

So, with Crysis 1 we got a PC exclusive and DX10 graphics on launch day.

With Crysis 2 we got a console port with DX9 graphics

Following this logic will they make Cryis 3 work on the original Xbox?

I learned my lesson with Crysis 2, I sure wont preorder Crysis 3!

yRaz yRaz said:

Crysis 3 needs to take place on a tropical paradise and make my computer cry for the next 6 years, that's all I'm asking. I still have a hard time getting playable frame rates on the first crysis.

Gamesinner said:

The price of these games should be under 50$. They would definitely sell more new units and then they could stop b*tching about how used games are "killing the industry". No, it's your expensive a*s crappy games that are killing the industry dipsh*t.

Arris Arris said:

Not often I'll resort to internet memes but it's just too darned appropriate here....

Do not want!

Darkshadoe Darkshadoe said:

Per Hansson said:

So, with Crysis 1 we got a PC exclusive and DX10 graphics on launch day.

With Crysis 2 we got a console port with DX9 graphics

Following this logic will they make Cryis 3 work on the original Xbox?

No..but it will be playable on Colecovision and Atari 2600

EEatGDL said:

Littleczr said:

Same here, I blindly bought it and how dare announce another when they left a bugged-unfinished game saying no more patches are needed. Votekick sucks, the auto-reseting modules and nanosuit sucks, the scar+laser bug, etc. etc. etc.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I got massively stung with number 2, they have no chance I will purchase this until some decent reviews come out, its a real shame they didn't keep this franchise to the PC like the orginal Crysis, which is still one of my top 10 games of all time.

DanUK DanUK said:

hahahanoobs said:

I've learned my lesson with Crysis 2... I'm waiting for reviews this time.

Crysis 1 was incredible. So immersive and loved the jungle setting! So many fond memories of playing that game through and through. Even just from the first time when the bad guys are the N Koreans and you're not sure what the game is gonna throw at you next, then it gets more and more climatic towards the ending.

Crysis 2... well it was ok but just felt like a console port. I didn't even bother finishing it.

captainawesome captainawesome said:

Why is the PC version the same price as the xbox version? In my country, Xbox and PS3 titles are around double the price of PC titles for hard copy versions. Prime example. I just paid $48 (USD) for the N7 Collectors Ed of Mass Effect 3. It's $75 on Xbox and PS3 though...

ramonsterns said:

Anyone who buys EA games be warned, you are financing the shenanigans of a corner-cutting scumbag publisher that buys up development studios for hype and kills them off once they've run dry.

Do yourselves, and everyone else who likes this hobby, a favor. Do not pre-order EA games until you've heard news from gaming sites besides IGN and the like, and if at all possible, do not buy the games at all.

Activision was allowed $60 PC games and DLC, and we've all seen where that went. EA needs to be stopped and the only voice of reason they listen to is money.

blackdragon1230 said:

darkshadoe said:

Per Hansson said:

So, with Crysis 1 we got a PC exclusive and DX10 graphics on launch day.

With Crysis 2 we got a console port with DX9 graphics

Following this logic will they make Cryis 3 work on the original Xbox?

No..but it will be playable on Colecovision and Atari 2600

don't forget also compatible with intellivision and the ti 86, lol. these game developers are the reason that pc gaming is dying.

~snif~snif~ I smell mediocrity.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

captainawesome said:

Maybe it's due to a bad copy/paste job? I think the console versions carry a "console tax" which inflates their price. The PC version should be exempt from such licenses and usually sells for a little lower. I wouldn't mind a $49 Xbox version, and $39 PC version. That would get me to buy the game sooner.

soldier1969 soldier1969 said:

Console port to PC I'll pass thanks.

sapo joe said:

Great! Just hope my machine can play it as smooth as Crysis2... And also hope the PC version comes with the high-res stuff included!

DAOWAce DAOWAce said:

Limited edition at $50? Clearly fake! EA is going to push them to release at $60, not $50.

And if so? I won't buy it!

The only game I've purchased at $60 is Guild Wars 2.. because I'm a 7 year GW player and it has no subscription fee. I expect that to be the only $60 game I purchase within the next few years.

Still haven't bought Crysis 2 though. Didn't enjoy the suit changes in the demo and didn't like how consolized they made it.

The original though? Great game that had an undeserved fate of rampant piracy due to ignorant and incompetent consumers.

indiangamer said:

i think DICE is the only developer which was really developing graphics. crysis 2 released with only DX9 and BF3 even dropped DX9.

blackdragon1230 said:

crysis 3 will probably launch at $70

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

yRaz said:

You should wait for Far Cry 3 then.

slamscaper slamscaper said:

Thing is, I feel like I can't even trust the reviews before buying now. Crysis 2 received relatively high scores (8-9 out of 10) from all the most popular review sites and magazines (except for the guys at HardOCP, who told the truth). Considering that it's a mediocre game that reminds me of F.E.A.R. 2, these scores are not warranted. It should have scored around 6.0-7.0 at best.

I don't have high hopes for this game.