Black Ops 2 ‘Revolution’ DLC to include five new multiplayer maps

By on January 2, 2013, 6:00 PM

Fans of the Call of Duty franchise can expect to see five new maps as part of the first Black Ops 2 DLC pack that will be available for Xbox 360 players starting Tuesday, January 29. In addition to the new maps, gamers will also have access to a new gun: the Peacekeeper SMG.

The promotional poster was first spotted by the team over at MP1st. The DLC, titled Revolution, will feature the following multiplayer maps: Hydro, Downhill, Grind and Mirage. The fifth map is a zombie board known as Die Rise which we assume might be set in a high rise building.

This will be the first time that a new gun has accompanied a Call of Duty DLC, according to the publication. Mark Rubin from Infinity Ward explained last year that Modern Warfare 3 couldn’t have additional weapons like Battlefield 3 due to the fact that current generation consoles are limited to 512MB of RAM.

Things like characters, models, textures and weapons all have to be loaded in live RAM and simply put, there isn’t enough free space for extras like new guns. It would seem that Treyarch somehow figured out a way around this though.

Pricing wasn’t revealed in the leaked image but we can probably assume that it will follow the same pricing scheme as other Call of Duty DLC. That is, it’ll be free of charge for subscription members (who may also get access a few days early) and around 1,200 Microsoft points (or about $15) for everyone else.




User Comments: 19

Got something to say? Post a comment
ikesmasher said:

You know, I like how treyarch is doing different things with this game. I havent picked it up yet but I want to. Its not a mindless knockoff of the past formula it appears. There are some different things (such as the loadout system) that defines this game compared to the previous clones.

nickblame said:

Worst gift I ever done. I bought the thing for ps3 for a friend and it freezes every time during some mission! Freeze on a game console? Seriously?

Littleczr Littleczr said:

In my opinion call of duty franchise is better on console's. But bf3 is a way better game then COD on pc.

1 person liked this | soldier1969 soldier1969 said:

Consoles lol. My current PC even owns the next gen consoles and they arent even out yet for another year lol. (GTX690, 512Gb SSD, 2560 x 1600 30" IPS display) BF3 is to die for on my rig.

NTAPRO NTAPRO said:

Oh really >_>

ikesmasher said:

Consoles lol. My current PC even owns the next gen consoles and they arent even out yet for another year lol. (GTX690, 512Gb SSD, 2560 x 1600 30" IPS display) BF3 is to die for on my rig.

most people dont have 3000 dollars to spend on a PC.

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

In my opinion call of duty franchise is better on console's. But bf3 is a way better game then COD on pc.

Why?

Just because COD MP is made for consoles, doesn't mean it is better than the PC version.

Ultraman1966 said:

Even a 1000usd PC can keep pace with the next generation consoles if the rumours are true. At any rate, bring it on; I'm sick of games being limited by pathetic current gen systems.

waterproof said:

> Modern Warfare 3 couldn?t have additional weapons like Battlefield 3 due to the fact that current generation consoles are limited to 512MB of RAM.

What? Is that a joke? Battlefield runs smoothly (including the DLCs) on consoles as well as PCs.. sigh, excuses and excuses. Gave up on MW series.

Littleczr Littleczr said:

> Modern Warfare 3 couldn?t have additional weapons like Battlefield 3 due to the fact that current generation consoles are limited to 512MB of RAM.

What? Is that a joke? Battlefield runs smoothly (including the DLCs) on consoles as well as PCs.. sigh, excuses and excuses. Gave up on MW series.

I played BF3 on my friends ps3 it's a Yawn fest. I think it's because the frame rates it feels like I'm walking with 200 pound boots. He prefers to come over and play on my pc, my lowest fps is 47 maxed out on 1080p with v-sync on. Lots of fun.

Sniped_Ash said:

Consoles lol. My current PC even owns the next gen consoles and they arent even out yet for another year lol. (GTX690, 512Gb SSD, 2560 x 1600 30" IPS display) BF3 is to die for on my rig.

most people dont have 3000 dollars to spend on a PC.

Luckily a PC that can play today's games very well is nowhere near $3k! soldier1969's computer is not that computer, it is just **** waving.

ikesmasher said:

Luckily a PC that can play today's games very well is nowhere near $3k! soldier1969's computer is not that computer, it is just **** waving.

yes I know, just couldnt help responding to someone who thinks they are hardcore because their 3000 dollar computer is better than a console.

In reality, why do most people need more than a console? a console can play BF3 with pretty much the equivalent of medium (maybe lowish too) settings on PC. Any game they would want to play on it works fine. Someone give me one good reason why consoles ARE a rip off to people who just want to play games. hardware is crap, but who cares, if it can run the games because of its static hardware?

Only reason I play games on PC is prices for less popular games, mod support, and some older games that still have player bases on PC. For popular newer games, why not play a console?

jeffz6 said:

Luckily a PC that can play today's games very well is nowhere near $3k! soldier1969's computer is not that computer, it is just **** waving.

yes I know, just couldnt help responding to someone who thinks they are hardcore because their 3000 dollar computer is better than a console.

In reality, why do most people need more than a console? a console can play BF3 with pretty much the equivalent of medium (maybe lowish too) settings on PC. Any game they would want to play on it works fine. Someone give me one good reason why consoles ARE a rip off to people who just want to play games. hardware is crap, but who cares, if it can run the games because of its static hardware?

Only reason I play games on PC is prices for less popular games, mod support, and some older games that still have player bases on PC. For popular newer games, why not play a console?

Because its like still using a nokia 5110, or watching a movie in black&white. Its now 2013, suppose to be holograms and the matrix, but we are stuck with ancient consoles.

ikesmasher said:

Because its like still using a nokia 5110, or watching a movie in black&white. Its now 2013, suppose to be holograms and the matrix, but we are stuck with ancient consoles.

as I said, does it matter how old they are, if it can play most the popular games PC can play?

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

as I said, does it matter how old they are, if it can play most the popular games PC can play?

Yeah, but PC can play it in a better way..

Are you really surprised that people want to progress?

ikesmasher said:

Yeah, but PC can play it in a better way..

Are you really surprised that people want to progress?

im all for progress, but honestly people dont care about graphics enough to spend at least $400 bucks on a rig.

JC713 JC713 said:

Consoles lol. My current PC even owns the next gen consoles and they arent even out yet for another year lol. (GTX690, 512Gb SSD, 2560 x 1600 30" IPS display) BF3 is to die for on my rig.

BO2 actually looks a lot better on PC since DX11 is now implemented. I was playing MW3 the other day on PC, and I was like wtf is up with the bad graphics, since I was so used to BO2. I am glad they are finally bringing 5 maps plus a gun, this makes it worth it

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

im all for progress, but honestly people dont care about graphics enough to spend at least $400 bucks on a rig.

I'd say it's more along the lines of 'people don't know about the graphics'. People see console graphics everywhere, with not a single PC demo-ing things. When they do, the retards on retail set it up with 800x600.

Once people become aware of the difference, there's no way to ignore it. Just like if you put spectacles on for the first time and realise that you can actually see the leaves on the trees now.

ikesmasher said:

I'd say it's more along the lines of 'people don't know about the graphics'. People see console graphics everywhere, with not a single PC demo-ing things. When they do, the retards on retail set it up with 800x600.

Once people become aware of the difference, there's no way to ignore it. Just like if you put spectacles on for the first time and realise that you can actually see the leaves on the trees now.

really? because im able to play consoles and ignore the graphics completely.

Load all comments...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.