Cooler Master launches QuickFire Stealth mechanical keyboard

By on April 15, 2013, 2:30 PM

Mechanical keyboards have found significant headway in recent years partially as a throwback to similar boards that were popular several years ago. While there’s nothing technically wrong with membrane-style boards in use by many today, there are a growing number of people that desire a more solid tactical feel when typing and gaming. To that end, Cooler Master has launched a new mechanical gaming keyboard under their CM Storm line of gaming products called the QuickFire Stealth.

The new board is a refined version of the QuickFire Rapid keyboard that’s being aimed at purists and the gaming elite. The unit includes your choice of Cherry MX switches: red (linear/very light), blue (clicky/light), brown (tactile/medium) and the CM Storm exclusive green switch (clicky/firm). Cooler Master points out that all of the mechanical switches in the Cherry MX line are rated for more than 50 million keystrokes.

Other features include unique keycaps with letters and icons printed on the front side of the keys instead of on the top. This provides a unique look that’s still functional should you need to quickly glance down to find a certain key in addition to the fact that the lettering will last longer as there is no finger friction to wear the print away over time. What’s more, the board is based on a 10-keyless design for a leaner overall footprint.

The board ships with a gold-plated, braided USB cable and cable routing management grooves on the underside and a sturdy internal steel plate to reduce flex. Cooler Master includes a two year warranty with all purchases. Pricing starts at $94.99 but will vary depending on which mechanical switches you select during checkout.

Ravik Ravik said:

For gaming purposes...this keyboard would be just fine. But it would be utterly useless in terms of doing day-to-day business work. Having a numerical keypad is a *must* for performing any kind of number entry for me. I have found it almost unbareable when I have to work on a laptop or tablet that doesn't have one...

But that aside...that looks like a fine keyboard all-in-all!

slh28 slh28, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Well it's good that CM lets you choose the switch types, I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

JC713 JC713 said:

The reason I hate my laptop is that it doesnt have a numpad. When playing games like Arma, you kind of need one or else you will have to either buy an extension or over ride another key. I wouldnt spend 100 bucks on this and it doesnt have a numpad. I would rather get a Black Widow 2013 tournament edition. Also, I would rather have the letters printer right on instead of on a 90 degree angle.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Insert my obligatory "how come they don't have ergonomic versions of these" comment.

Damn it, I just bought on of the regular quickfires with red switches. Great keyboard but yeah I've got a WASD keyboard with a numpad for work.

Win7Dev said:

ergonomic means extremely difficult to get used to and costs more just because it uses the word ergonomic in the advertising.

A look another keyboard with the same amount of keys as every other one has. this time we decided to put the labels on the front of the keys instead of on top of them though. a ******* stupid waste of money lol wow.

I like all these non mechanical KB users replies.

You do realize that characters being printed on the side of a key means that it will not wear out as fast as top printed lettering.

You also do not need a numpad for gaming...most games that is.

That is a good looking KB tho...for a CM.

I'll stick with my Filco tenkeyless.

yorro said:

Is that a wireless mechanical keyboard I am seeing?