“Not cookied?” Login error

negroplasty

I seem to be having some trouble using the “Not cookied?” login option at the bottom right of the TS Boards Home.

loginerror1.txt

I type in my username and password correctly which takes me to the screen below:

loginerror2.txt

After I leave the screen above, I get taken to the screen below:

loginerror3.txt

This is telling me I have forgotten my password, even though I just logged in and got the logon screen. If anyone can tell me what is going on I would greatly appreciate it as I use that “Not cookied?” feature quite often after I clear my cookies (a couple times a month) . If you have any questions about my poorly presented problem, please feel free to ask!

BTW, for some reason a few ads aren't showing up and I don't have any ad blocking software (Norton Personal Firewall Ad Blocking DISABLED). Is this my computer or are any of you experiencing this as well?

And one more thing, it is made obvious that I am using AOL in the screen shots above - please don't hold it against me :) !

Originally posted by timmoore
I seem to be having some trouble using the “Not cookied?” login option at the bottom right of the TS Boards Home.

Well, the "Not Cookied?" login does use cookies...
The forum is asking you to log in...

So it might just be that you have to allow certain cookies... (I.e. use the most limited "allow cookies" and check the "Ask me" (or whatever it's called) so you can say yes and no to the different cookies)

That should clear up the problem :)

Thanks MrG, I just tried that now, unfortunately it didn't work :( . I tried various settings, I even allowed ALL cookies, but nothing changed :confused: . I joined another VB forum (nVnews) to see if the same thing happened there, and it didn't. I'm not quite sure what this points to, any other suggestions?

Back