1 Problem, 1 Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsTeBaNo

Hello! I just installed a new motherboard. I Purchased a new motherboard because the one i had was a version without the pci e port but its the same mobo just with a pci-e port.
The problem is that my system now detects 2 mobos when i only have 1 that means its detecting 2 processors. i tried uninstalling one but it didnt worked since its always there. and heres another problem, i cant hibernate my pc because when i change it back to normal it appears a message saying that there was some problem with Kernel dunno what...
If anyone can help me ill appreciate it a lot !

Thanks!

I would suggest to back up your files and reformat your computer. However someone else may be able to think of a better way.

It is generally suggested that after a big hardware change (such as, changing processor/motherboard/etc) you reformat and reinstall.

Chances are you just need to install the right drivers, al though the board seems the same, I am sure it has a different chipset, and you are using the old drivers... And deffinitely remove them too...

After that, then a reinstall is your best option. In reality's case, you normally wouldn't even be here after a change like that, you'd already be formatting...

Oh God, I can make a destructive system recovery that may help? it will reformat the pc to its default state "just like new" lol

Yeah but you will lose all excess files (i.e My DOcuments, Pictures, other files you have saved...)

Yes :( Glad i created cd backups 2 days ago when i installed the new mobo. oh well the only problem right now is that the driver install and the programs will take me some hours

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back