12V reads at 15V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to change MOBO and processor on a computer, seems to be running fine but System Guard says my 12V is actually 15V.

Since I had been running AMD stuff for some time, and now changed to intel, I thought this may be a problem with the PSU, so I got another P4 approved one. Exactly the same problem!

Seems to be running fine, I wouldn't have known unless I checked with the software (no reading on bios) been going a few days and perfectly stable at any load, could this be a problem with the monitoring system or should I worry about it?

Have a 300W PSU with Celeron 1.7 and a Fujitsu-Siemens D1527 MOBO. Only PCI thing is a modem.

Any help greatly appreciated

:D

It's probably the motherboard measuring it incorrectly if it happens with two different power supplies. I'd get an el cheapo multimeter from Radio Shack and check it with that.

I never trust software monitors for accuracy. Truth is, most of them are not very reliable. Check it with a multimeter as Tarkus suggested. If you are actually getting 15v on the 12v rail, that could cause some serious problems. I doubt that is the case though since two PSUs are getting the same reading. It is most likely either a faulty sensor or the software. I'd say it is probably the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back