1GB Failing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi..Im hoping you guys could help me..a few days ago i purchased 1GB DIMM DDR RAM, PC3200, 400mhz, 184 pin..as I slot the ram in the computer on its own the computer boots up to the screen were it says 'boot from last known good configuration' and when I click it, the computer reboots, abit like a loop, I then tried the RAM in my dads PC which can handle over 3 gb of RAM again the PC loops but if I put my 512MB of RAM in with the 1GB, the computer triggers the alarm in the PC..I have absolutly no idea what may be causing this problem, I hope you guys have got some good news for me ..

Hugemongarse..

Are you saying that you put your dad's RAM in your computer or your RAM in your dad's computer?

At any rate, it sounds like faulty RAM. Please test your RAM as per these instructions and then post back here with the results.

Regards :)

Ok..no I tried the RAM in my dads PC..There is good news and bad news..the good news is some how when booted from CD with the memtest program on it..the 1gb is appearing on my computer properties..and is working fine..but the bad news is my computer unexpectedly reboots its self because of this 1gig of RAM..is there something I have to change or do for it to stop doing this ?

OK final summary..the 1GB of RAM WAS working in the PC when booted up with CD with memtest on it but now as in the biginning th computer continually loops its self, rebooting...I have just decided to get a refund because the RAM is pi**ing me right off lol..

Hugemongarse...

P.s. thanks for the help..will come back here if any more technical problems :)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back