360 Elite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Subtext

Can the elite console be used on a standard low-def television with a standard cable... want to buy it to replace my dead premium but cant afford a high def tv just yet.

any help would be great....

They say there is no such thing as a dumb question, but not 2 b mean, of course you can play ur 360 (Elite) on a non-Hi def T.V. Using ur A/V Composite cables. The resolution wont be as great and why buy a 360 elite if you do not play in HD?

Because Myzz I'll be getting a HD tv early in the new year and why buy a replacement 360 premium when im going to end up buying an elite later on. As for my....dumb question the reason I asked is on the specs it lists the cables as... HD cable or HDMI cable nothing about VGA etc

Cpt_Subtext said:
Can the elite console be used on a standard low-def television with a standard cable... want to buy it to replace my dead premium but cant afford a high def tv just yet.

any help would be great....
What if your elite dies aswell? A lot of poeple have problems with xbox 360's like overheating, scratching discs. You could always get a ps3 when you can afford it unless you already can but its your choice.

Since we are on the elite topic I got mine without the extended Warranty..I believe I have 30 Days, bought mine on black Fri, to purchase a extended warranty which will grant me a new XBOX ELITE if anything funny happens to mine. Definitely get a warranty, and is there any difference from the store warranty and the Manufacture (MICROSOFT) warranty which is cheaper (60$) compared to Best Buy 80$

its possible it could die aswell but the ps3 is a pile of steaming plop in my opinion, I know i was gonna buy my friends borrowed it and the games are or atleast where lacking the ps3 wont come into its own for a while and well I loved my 360 with a passion

besides over heating wasnt my problem, the cooler king attatchment saw to that.... what killed my 360 was my nephew who is 4 deciding to see if it could bounce.... kids eh!

IMHO, You'll be doing great in getting the Elite, Honestly I don't have any passion for any of those two systems (PS3-XBOX360) even though they are great systems both have flaws, even the Elite could fail because overheating or scratch discs, but hey Microsoft now have a 3 year warranty so go for it and don't let the sales man rip your money off with an extended warranty.

I was really thinking on getting an Elite too, but I think is still to expensive, So I rather got a PS3, which so far haven't heard any issues besides is the best bang for your hard earned buck, you think I'm crazy? well think again, $449 Elite + $99 Wireless + $169 HD DVD + 19 play&charge = $736
$499 ps3 80GB, everything included! blu-ray, wireless, Oh! and you don't need to buy batteries for your sixaxis!
Indeed Xbox360 has many good games, and exclusive ones! besides I think you already have games from your old premium, and you have one more advantage with the 360, 90% of the games are 1080p and PS3 games are not, even Assasins Creed is only 1080i, that's why I hate sony's babies, they always have fancy stuff and they always mess it up with something, oh well, anyway I was about to buy a blu-ray so I bought the PS3 and got a free HD gaming console, besides I already got my 5 free blu-ray on the mail, I guess is a good deal to get a ps3.

Anyways, like I sayd, I'm neutral with both systems, I just want to point up what I think about them, you like the 360? get it! it has the best games!
You wanna get the best deal? you buying a blu-ray player anyways? get the PS3! oh! forgot to mention! online gaming for PS3 is free!

:haha: :haha: I own BOTH

Have not played my 360Yet cuz i dont want it to faulter and not have it under the replacement warranty. I game in 1080I and never have played in 1080P because my Samsung TV is onli 1080I.

This wireless aspect of the 360 and all the extra add ons suck, i got the Elite because of the HDD. The PS3 has capabilities that the Original XBOX had. If anyone gets what im saying :D

I dont see the point in owning both besides I am so not a fan of Sony, after the dissapointment of owning a PSP, Sony borking SWG means im not a fan of the evil empire!

Well im Deff a SONY man. But my PSP is like a palm pilot i got lol just collects dust, when i go to use it i needa update software, which i have issues doing because it wont connect to my home network, in which my PS3 does quite well.

But its good to know i was apart of the crowd who on a 2-1 ratio out-selled the PS3 in NOV. If people were more Tech literate they wud have went with the PS3.

Prolly go to best-buy to extend my warranty on fri hopefully still not risking burning anything but Dutchez :haha:

Tech literate doesnt have much to do with it in my opinion, most of the people i know who are into gaming, took a good look at both, the ps3 on paper is the dogs doodahs but on real world application its a bit weak so far! And most of my info comes from sources inside sony.

Maybe after a year or two when the games improve and the technology comes into its own, perhaps!

Ye i agree with the above you just have to wait and see how everything pans out to judge..fanboys aside

Well I am deff not disagreeing. The 360 has had way more time for developers to master the programming for games. Patience is a Virtue and yes 08 looks to be promising. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back