4 gig usb pen drive only reads 1.95mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetkeith

hi there i think i have deleted somthing of the pen drive i shouldnt have its a samsung 4gig usb pen drive and now only shows as a 1.95mb removable disc does anyone now how or were i can find the software for this and it is possible to reinstall it or have i just knackered it please any help is welcome thanks gadgetkeith

Has to be re-formated with FAT32 there is some sort of info about that here on TechSpot in one of the stickys.. Or you just got a bad samsung with bad memory only showing 1/2.

have checked and tried all of that changing drive paths and formatting to no avail what i need is the programme that i deleted from the device itself if anyone out there has the same device its a samsung 4gig slimline black usb flash stick (DA-ZMP-4096PH) the file which apears when you enter the drive its an icon like a key shape ie lets you enter a password for security and also adjust the drive parameters how much of the drive you want secure and how much unsecure i think if i can copy this back onto the drive it will be ok if not its toast. please someone else must have the same thing i cant be the only person that has one of these .

Sorted it got another flash drive the same just copied the file over and now is all restored the drive is now 4gigs again ,tried everything you all sugested and think that with some of these drives that windows formatting is not a good idea if your not sure what file system your drive is using ie FAT,FAT32,NTFS, OR OTHER ,use the software provided. and thanks again for all your help .

I recommend never formatting a flash drive. It is solid state memory, meaning there should be negligable difference in access times no matter where in the memory the data is stored at. So you get no benefits of starting with a fresh format and a lot of risk. Just use delete like normal, or if you are crazy paranoid secure delete stuff, but never format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back