5.1 surround will only play on front L and R speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the Deal, I am trying to Upgrade my sound system from the 2 channel to the 5.1. I bought the logitech z-5300, and a CMI 8738 Sound Card. The sound card isn't fancy but it should work. I connected all the wires, To the right places and I only get sound out of the Front L & R and Center. I installed all the Drivers, I installed all the software that came with the sound card(which isn't much), I changed the 2 channel to 5.1 in control pannel, clicked OK and Applied the changes. But sound will not come out of any thing but the front speakers. To test I'm using the software that came with the card. so When I click on the back left or right speaker sound should come out of it, but instead it comes from the front left or right respectively, Just to cover everything the sound trying to play Is surround sound,

Any help would be appreciated

OS WinXP
CPU 2800+ amd 64
mobo chaintech socket754

Hole plugged properly,, all connection proper,, and in audio settings change to proper speaker config,,

gl,

He said he had already done all of that... but I have to ask, how many wires did you connect from the speakers to the soundcard? There should be 3 wires outputting to the speakers for 5.1 surround.

On the back of the subwoofer there is a black switch that sets the unit for 2, 4.1, and 5.1. Is it set on the 5.1 position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back