6600GT graphics corruption :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moimit

Okay i've just gone out and bought myself a new conroe system and this is what is happening.

I had
3500+, AN8-SLI, 2gPc3200, 6600GT 256

I have now
E6300, GA-965P-S3, 2gPc5300, 6600GT 256(same card)

I'm not getting graphics corruption when loading the card up with anything 3D. the stock clockspeeds are (500, 1000) but on my original AGP card they were (500, 900). When i clock the ram back down to 900mhz the corruption seems to go away but on my Athlon rig i don't get any artifacts at all. Would installing Ram heatsinks fix the problem? I have bought someone the 2xVF700-CU so they have 8 Ram heatsinks left over that i could use. I have a 120mm fan in the rear of the case exhausting air and one 80mm fan bringing air into the front. Air flow doesn't seem to be interupted at all as i've cable tied everything out of the way. I have a thermaltake 420w Truepower supply, Does not having all of the 24pins connected make a difference? my old one only needed 20 but this one requires more. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try a different driver for the card as this may be the problem

Did you plug in the power wire ino the card , only some cards reqire this

Also your PSU is a little low for your system,, maybe concider getting atlest a 480watt from a good company like Antec, Forton or Pc power and cooling

Thanks, i've tried another driver an no problem. on my pci express version i don't require any extra power. i'll have a look at the power supply

well i actually just bought the VF700-CU and upgraded to the Antec Neo-HE 550w and all of my problems are gone. i'm not sure which one fixed it but thanks swker98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back