6800GT OC (AGP256MB) - Vertical Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeAdCrAb KILLA

I am having a problem with my new video card. I just returned the first one to the manufacturer because it was defective. I recieved the replacement last Monday and installed it immediately. The card performed great! No problems. Then, all of a sudden, that all started to change. On startup, there are these blue vertical lines made up of small groups of pixels. There are about 16 lines in all. These lines only show up on startup though. Once the system boots into Windows, the problem is fixed it seems. Heres the thing; sometimes the system will not boot into Windows at all! It will just stall, restart, and sit at a black screen. WTF!? The card was funtioning so perfectly before. Why did it just decide to quit? Does somebody know what's going on?

System Specs:
Motherboard - FIC K7M-NF18G (nForce 2 IGP) - chipset driver 5.10
Video Adapter - BFG Tech 6800GT OC (AGP) - ForceWare 77.77
System RAM - 1024MB - Corsair 512 x2
Operating System - Windows XP Home Edtion
BIOS - Pheonix Award

Already Tried 81.98

LipsOfVenom said:
they have new Forceware drivers out now..i think its 81.89, but download those and see if that might help.

The 81.98 driver was actually the one that was installed at the time of the incident. I then reverted back to the Quad 7 driver. That ForceWare seemed to work the best for me in the past.

I havent been able to get 6800 series cards to work on any nForce boards. I had to switch to ATI cards for my nforce builds. I had to swap out the mobo in my own computer too. Im using a K8T800 chipset now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back