8 gig ISO file split in 2 DvD program recommendation : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

hello TS guru's

I'm looking for a program recommendation from yall that would help me split a 8 gigs ISO file into 2 DvD without the need to purchase those expensive dual layer 8 gigs DvD.

thanks in advice : D

You can't split an iso image into two iso images and burn them to a disc. So if you are expecting to burn one iso to two discs and see half the iso contents on one disc and half the contents on the other, forget about it. You would have to extract all the files from the big iso and then burn half of them to one disc and half to the other.

If you just want to transport the iso file using several single-sided DVDs, then you can use any file compression or splitting utility. Try WinRAR or HJsplit

PowerISO is a powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN.
it will save as a DAA file you must use powerISO to extract

I don't sell this stuff
and have never used power ISO I use ultra ISO and I don't know if it will split image

Splitting it is fine, and like Nodsu said, lots of things can do that.

What you can't do is take that 6+ gig Crysis iso you illegally downloaded, put it on 2 DVDR disks and then install off of 2 disks.

Actually...

Yes, there is a way. Magic ISO will allow you to create multiple cd/dvd iso's from one file. I've been using it for some time and it works great. Costs 30 bucks, but it's been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back