9600XT issues. No POST/Video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Radeon 9600XT 256MB card came in the mail today. I plugged that bad boy into the AGP slot AND BAM! No video and my PC doesn't seem to be running POST (no beep).:dead:
I tried taking the card out and putting my old one in to install the drivers but the driver application says I don't have the necessary hardware or software to install it.

My card seems to be running good; the fan is running on it and it doesn't have any visable damage.

What can I do? :dead:

Try updatin your mobo's bios. If that doesn't work I guess you might have a problem close to mine that I can't figure out. You should post your hardware configuration though cause if it's not the bios others are going to want to know so they can try to help you.

9600xt problem

1 newbie to another....
Does your mobo support 4x/8x? I have had a similar problem. Installed 9600xt in 4x/8x mobo and #1 was flaky with screen going black, rebooting, getting bounced out of games, dim screen etc. all with new drivers and DirectX 9c. Sent it back and #2 wouldn't even boot in two systems I tried it in 1 supports 4x/8x and the other 2x/4x. Sending this one back too.
1 be sure your mobo supports 4x/8x
2 check for latest BIOS for the mobo
3 uninstall old drivers before changing cards

I find that setting everything to defaults in the BIOS is a good place to start when adding hardware. Then, when everything seems okay I change back to the settings before adding the new hardware. If all is stable move on to whatever tweaks your heart desires.
Hope this helps

9600xt problem - sys config

Thanks for the suggestions

Shuttle AN35N Ultra 400 updated bios
Barton XP3200
512mb mushkin pc4000
Enermax 380w ps
Samsung 52x CD
TDK cd-rw
**4x Radeon 64 VIVO. My old card is currently in this system and running fine. I tried to upgrade to a 8x 9600xt 256mb. The first card was flaky and I would get a black screen, reboots, lockups, etc. Returned for replacement and the second card won't boot and the AGP protect LED lights and the system is prevented from booting.
I tested the 9600 in a K7s5a system I have access to assuming it would boot at 4x since both the mobo and card support 4x. No go.
I've seen a lot of references in this and other forums to the black screen issue with 9600xts. I've used ATI cards for many systems over the years and this is the first time I've encountered any problems. . .

8x support and uninstalling drivers

Typically there is a selection in the Bios for 8x or 4x. Check the manual that came with the motherboard or the motherboards manufacturer website. If this is a computer that was prebuilt you can use a utility like Sandra to identify it. I'm sure there are other tools available to id the board and specs.

To uninstall the graphics drivers go to control panel and then add/remove programs. Find the drivers from the list of programs, select the driver software and uninstall. Or, right click My Computer, select properties, hardware, get to the device list, select the display adapter, properties, uninstall driver.

That ought to do it. Good luck!

SAme exact problem- NO POST 9600XT

I just receive my ATI All in WOnder 9600XT AGP card. I Read the instrucciont, installed the card, and gues what... NO POST
the set up is FIC AD11, Athlon Xp 1400, 1 Ghz PC2600 DDR,

I decided to try it on another board,
MSI K3tV, AMD XP 2400, 1 Ghz DDR MEN,

Same problem. No post. Is like the card was not there.

Any updates onthis matter?

Please advice, thanks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back