A couple BSoD Minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahi

Howdy y'all. For a while, my comp's been crashing for various purposes when running either SecondLife or EVE. Now I've narrowed down the SecondLife crash to Second Life Voice, for when it's not enabled SL will run for hours, but when it's enabled it's going to crash sooner or later. Looks to be my sound driver (which is an onboard nForce2) but I think I'll show it anyway.

EDIT: Decided to Upload the dumps instead of spam an entire topic.

The 2nd SL dump, the 0x7e, is more common than the 0x50 error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash with various bugcheck codes. 0A/7E/50. This is often a sign of faulty hardware.

Even though you have tested your ram, it`s still possible you have a ram problem as some faulty ram can pass Memtest.

Try running your system with just one stick of ram and see if it becomes stable. If it doesn`t, try the other stick of ram and see what happens.

I suggest you read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

Please post any further minidumps you get. Please note: You can attach the minidump files directly, there`s no need to zip them up first.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I've had faulty RAM before, but it would affect EVERYTHING. Not just games. It'd randomly reboot, wouldn't completely install anything, etc. The only time I get these particular Bluescreens is when I'm playing a game. Now, the last time drivers came out for my sound was back in '04 and I'm playing new games. Obviously something's wrong there and I'm planning on getting a new one, so that should explain the 7E/50 errors.

The 0xA error I'm starting to think may be caused by overheating and/or power. Because when my computer's running my room can get up to 86 degrees F.

Another error I've gotten once or twice is a 77, where it then was unable to write a memory dump and upon rebooting the BIOS stalled on detecting the hard drives. Only after turning off the comp, unplugging a drive and turning it back on, turning it back off and plugging it back in would it start up normally.

Your latest minidump crashes at nvapu.sys. This is the Nforce audio driver.

It`s possible that it is an audio problem.

Check for any updated drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Back again. Alright, got a new soundcard, a Soundblaster Audigy SE. Things ran like cake over the weekend, including Second Life. When I decide to run Second Life today I turn on the voice, anticipating no problems, right?

...Hello kmixer.sys bluescreen. I had the new mixer installed but uninstalled it because my microphone wasn't working. Should I go back and reinstall Creative's software again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back