A Graphics Card?....So Much Choice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Seuss

im looking for advice on a graphics card. I just bought a new game (Silent Hunter 3) but my old worn out graphics card cant play it. i have a limited budget of £50-£70 (i want to pay as little as possible) can anyone suggest a graphics card which will enable me to play this game?

any help or advice would be great

Many Thanks

Dr_Seuss

Hey,

You haven't specified whether your motherbaord supports pci-e but because you have an old card (pci-e is very new) it's going to be agp 8x right? I think i'm right in saying that nvidia is your best weapon of choice when it comes to gaming and with yor budget you can get a reasonable card. I recommend checking out www.scan.co.uk cause they offer the best prices. I recommend going for an FX5200 or FX 5500 series. These models range between £30 - £80. Check out this card on the site (256MB XFX GeForce FX5500 AGP 8x DDR TV+DVI). It's £52 and has 256mb memory, 350mhz speed and i'm not sure about the core speed but this is a fast card for the price!! I have played doom3 on a friends computer with a fx5600 inside and it plays it reasonably well so i expect this 5500 card will do the same!

This game states that it reqires 512mb of memory and that's quite a lot, do you have 512mb? It might be your memory as well.

im not sure about the motherboard, but your right its not PCI-E and it is 8x. i'll check out your ideas

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back