A mystical problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, when i start the comp. the fans start working but thats it, the monitor will still be blank and nothing happens.
So i took the comp into repair and the man there checked the thing whole day and after that he didnt have a clue because the bios seemed to work (when removed RAM it started screaming) and fans on the motherboard too still the monitor receives no signal and the comp. will not pass the povercheck (i think it was called POST).
Resetting cmos has no effect.
I think its the mobo problem, please help :(

it might be the motherboard. mine did that and i found a chipset chip on my motherboard to have a melted....

Mobo: asus p4 x-series (dunno exactly been using the pc 2 days)
Video:Nvidia fx5200 (128mb ram)
Processor:Intel celeron D (2.4ghz)
Power supply:350w
Ram:768mb ddram
integ. audio, network card
No burning markings seen anywhere
well didnt check northbridge but it should be ok coz the info reaches from processor to the bios, the problem occured shortly (40sec) after i disconnected a fan from the mobo
Should be the mobo coz they tried different harware (in the repair service) with the mobo, still no result :confused:
Right now using other comp.

Even if there is anything broken (melted, or just broken) on the mobo, could it be fixed?
Tho NOTHING seems physically broken, could it be something that you cant see?

Well i actually got 256mb+512mb
but they already resolved the problem in the repair, something was melten, gonna find out what exactly, later.
Thank you for your help anyway, now i know that if im struggled i can rely on this forum :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back