A new build, after advice

By JDex09
Sep 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys,

I have a new job and few outgoing troubles for the moment, so I decided I want to throw some money away while I can! For years I have a had a really simple PC (usually for uni, basic gaming etc) with only a couple of upgrades to GPU/PSU, but now I have the itch to create something bigger and largely unnecessary.

I have read and read and snooped and searched various tech-based sites, but it is kind of like opening a book to the middle and trying to understand what is going on, so I am here to ask you fine people for some compatibility questions, as well as obvious things I may have skipped over or missed.

Here is a quick list of things I have ended up being interested in:
    MBoard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 or something similar
    CPU: i5 - 4690K 3.5GHz (not sure to the benefits of jumping to i7 or such?)
    GPU/s: In this respect I am perfectly open to discussion, I am willing to pay £1000 in total for something ridiculous. MSI GTX780Ti x2?
    PSU: EVGA 1000w P2
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8gb DDR3 - 1866

Basically the idea is to spend unnecessarily, but also with a little future-proofing in there. Things to bare in mind: I am by no means rich, but at this point in time I would like to spend a little money on myself! Seriously though, in total anything to £2000 give or take a couple hundred would be acceptable. Secondly, this build would be something I need to spend a month or two saving for to buy, so if there is anything new and sparkly coming out in the near future I am sure that I am totally oblivious to it, so feel free to advise.

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me out!