A Quick Question About Firefox "Privacy Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincranky

I yesterday finally broke down and installed FF 3.51. Prior to this I had been using FF 2.0020.

I have configured the browser to open and run in privacy mode. Now the questions;

Is this "privacy mode" the equivalent of using a program such as "Anonymizer"?

I'm experiencing longer download times, and a situation where, with respect to Jpeg photo files, the image displays in the browser window, but the download is only the gif "placeholder". As a consequence, the image page must be reloaded and then re-downloaded.

Is this the result of privacy mode?

I have recently installed Firefox 3.51 (from V3) as well, and you're right, it is slow...
As I see it, it has nothing to do with the privacy mode, because I toggled between the 2 and there was no difference.
"Anonymizer" is something I am not familiar with, but it basically does not leave any tracks, your history is constantly erased. You'll notice that when 'privacy mode' is enabled, everything in regards to your browsing history is dimmed. I actually prefer the privacy mode off, keep my history for 2 days, and keep cookies until I close...

All it should do is prevent a history from being created, cookies, web forms, passwords, ect. Shouldn't affect any speeds.

Bah...Humbug.....

It has been my "belief" that programs such as "anonymizer", also abstract your internet visits by rebouncing your connections off additional public proxy servers. As I said, this is part of my belief system, which sometimes separates from reality dramatically. At any rate, I was wondering if FF included something like this in its "privacy" mode. Prima facia, it seems not.

Thus far I'm not terribly impressed with this new incarnation of FF, in spite of the fact I finally found out how to put the bookmarks in alphabetic order. With the older browser, this took one click, with the new "easier" method it takes a dozen.

The browser doesn't seem as responsive as as FF2.0. Is it me? Many others seem to find just the opposite to be true.

Moving a Window with FF3.5 running seems to leave "trails" all over the screen. I don't quite recall the earlier version placing quite that much demand on the graphics. Or it could be my imagination, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back